Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoPlay Beoplay EX – First Image?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Csaba
    BRONZE Member

I’ll let the picture do the talking. From B&O’s own support pages (via Google).

140E3095-AA9D-4C36-A2D8-078042F55488

I have no idea what these are all about but I wish I could feel at least a little positive about their looks. How does something like this get an approval at B&O? RIP the clean look of the E8 3rd Gen.

Emilos88
      BRONZE Member

My guess is that it is cheap. They are missing cheap products in this segment.

But that one is not for me, really ugly.

Emilos88
        BRONZE Member

Same price, I guessed wrong

INTRODUCING BEOPLAY EX
          Soul-stirring sound, fit for any ear. Beoplay EX is our most versatile earbud yet. Make a move and enjoy snug day-long comfort that never gives up. Hit play and listen with a level of detail that punches way above the small size. Waterproof, long-lasting and primed to block out any unwanted noise. So, you stay closer to the artists you love, wherever you go.

DESIGN BACKGROUND
          All-new design

Beoplay EX is designed around a stem-based architecture which has several benefits. The main housing placed inside your ear is smaller than ever, improving comfort and making EX secure in the majority of ears. The stem allows for optimal microphone placement and efficient reduction of background noise. This means that EX is our best earphones for calls and conferencing to date.

Stunning materials

The colours, materials and overall finish elevates the entire experience. It’s like wearing a piece of jewellery. The attention to the design details sets us apart in a market saturated with conventional and uninspiring CE-products. The glass touch controls presents a mirror-like finish and ensure an excellent experience when interacting with EX. The beautifully crafted aluminium charging case is light and durable. The perfect place to keep your EX charged and protected.

Waterproof construction

Precise craftsmanship and brilliant engineering has allowed us to make EX waterproof while keeping the compact size. The earbuds are IP57-rated which means protection in up to one meter of water for 30 minutes. Matched with a secure fit, EX is primed for any sport that’ll work up a sweat.

TECHNOLOGY AND SPECIFICATIONS
          Soul-stirring sound.

All day long. Beoplay EX brings stunning sound and timeless design to your everyday life. It’s a premier, heritage product designed for all-day listening, whether you’re at the office, on the move, in the gym or relaxing at home.

Our most comfortable earphones to date.

Compact design with reshaped ergonomics for better fit and comfort than. The ergonomic design is smaller than previous Bang & Olufsen earphone which makes EX more comfortable and fit more ears than ever.

All-weather. All-purpose.

Beoplay EX is sweat and IP57-certified dust resistant and waterproof, making them the ideal workout companion. The secure fit ensures that they stay in place even during the most demanding activities.

KEY FEATURES: TECHNOLOGY AND SPECIFICATIONS
          Adaptive active noise cancellation
          Customizable ambient presets
          Beosonic equalizer
          9,2mm drivers with neodymium magnets
          First-class call quality with 6 MEMS microphones
          Adjustable Own Voice for calls and conferencing
          Waterproof earbuds (IP57)
          Secure fit for sports and fitness
          Intuitive glass touch controls
          Bluetooth 5.2 with multipoint connectivity for two devices
          AAC and aptXTM Adaptive codec for optimal sound on iOS and Android
          Beautifully crafted aluminium charging case with wireless charging
          Up to 8/28 hours playtime (Earbuds/Total)
          Up to 6/20 hours playtime with ANC (Earbuds/Total)

Emilos88
          BRONZE Member

Bang-Olufsen-Beoplay-EX-Earbuds-australia-3_723x723

Emilos88
            BRONZE Member

Bang-Olufsen-Beoplay-EX-Earbuds-australia-4_539x539

Emilos88
              BRONZE Member

Bang-Olufsen-Beoplay-EX-Earbuds-australia-5_722x722

Emilos88
                BRONZE Member

Bang-Olufsen-Beoplay-EX-Earbuds-australia-6_540x540

Emilos88
                  BRONZE Member

Bang-Olufsen-Beoplay-EX-Earbuds-australia_722x722

Emilos88
                    BRONZE Member

Bang-Olufsen-Beoplay-EX-Earbuds-australia-2_539x539

Csaba
                      BRONZE Member

I don’t think the EX will be cheap. As far as I recall the E8 Sport was at a very similar price point to that of the E8 3rd Gen at the time. The EQ was more expensive than the E8 3rd Gen, so I’d say perhaps a price between the EQ and the E8 Sport.

Thanks for the additional images. I like the colour options but I agree that this just looks horrid in my view. The earbuds remind me instantly of Apple Earpods and I get it that the “architecture” they are referring to has got its benefits, but in my view it blows up one of the core ideas about B&O, that being simplicity. This is basically admitting that they are unable to make the earbuds small enough without protruding parts. The most extreme I can go and that I have is to get a pair of EQs.

I do find a good pair of earphones great to have where using headphones would be less practical, and I have got E6, E8 (1st, 2nd, 3rd gen), E8 Sport and EQ, I am definitely skipping the EX. Never been more certain about not wanting a B&O product :(. But then again, there are more practicality-focused customers than me. I just wish B&O could fix the size issue with the EQ first, instead of making compromises like the one we see with the EX.

As for the “soul-stirring sound”, for that I have the H95.

So the next one up is Beoplay 500. Hope those headphones will not be a similar disappointment.

Millemissen
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Flensborg————Danmark

@Emilos88

Where/how did you find the pics/information?

When I try searching for Beoplay EX via the Support page, there is nothing.

When I try via the Google picture result, I – on the B&O site – am greeted with a request for logging in…..which never happened before.

MM

Emilos88
                          BRONZE Member
                            Millemissen
                            BRONZE Member
                              • Flensborg————Danmark

Thanks!

Which means, that they offer these new earbuds before B&O has launched them officially.

’Soul-stirring sound’…..that must be amazing ?

MM

Csaba
                              BRONZE Member

Now removed from that website :).

Millemissen
                                BRONZE Member
                                  • Flensborg————Danmark

Henrik fra BOTF nåede også at få ‘nyheden’:

MM

Stan
                                  BRONZE Member

Maybe B&O will finally have an earbud that has good voice call clarity.

NQVHNWI
                                    FOUNDER Member

Going to get me a pair in glossy white.

Wonder if anyone will think I’ve got a pair of cheap knock-off EarPods?

Emilos88
                                      BRONZE Member

Bang-Olufsen-Beoplay-EX-Earbuds-australia_722x722Bang-Olufsen-Beoplay-EX-Earbuds-australia-2_539x539Bang-Olufsen-Beoplay-EX-Earbuds-australia-4_539x539Bang-Olufsen-Beoplay-EX-Earbuds-australia-3_723x723Bang-Olufsen-Beoplay-EX-Earbuds-australia-6_540x540Bang-Olufsen-Beoplay-EX-Earbuds-australia-5_722x722

Emilos88
                                        BRONZE Member

Bang-Olufsen-Beoplay-EX-Earbuds-australia-4_539x539Bang-Olufsen-Beoplay-EX-Earbuds-australia-3_723x723Bang-Olufsen-Beoplay-EX-Earbuds-australia-5_722x722Bang-Olufsen-Beoplay-EX-Earbuds-australia-6_540x540Bang-Olufsen-Beoplay-EX-Earbuds-australia-2_539x539Bang-Olufsen-Beoplay-EX-Earbuds-australia_722x722

Millemissen
                                          BRONZE Member
                                            • Flensborg————Danmark

This is odd – still not released (as far as I can see), but already unboxed/reviewed on YT:

https://youtu.be/10wSPyMMhkc

MM

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.