Beoplay A6 Wifi and Bluetooth questions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    blinkyp732
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 4

1-Can someone please explain what the WIFI on the A6 does?  I connect via bluetooth from my iphone or macbook.

2-Bluetooth connection between A6 and Apple TV 4 no longer holds.  Is there a fix?

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg/Danmark
        • Topics Started 27
        • Total Posts 806

Basicly it makes the A6 visible and reachable on your home (wireless) network.

Please have a look here:

https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049500212-Beoplay-A6-first-time-setup

It should be fairly easy to set up in the Bang & Olufsen app.

Note: if the SW is very old, you might have to use a wired connection in order to get the A6 uptodate.

You can choose the A6 (the Airplay connection) in the setup of the ATV in order to have sound from the ATV4 through the A6.

P.S.

Generally it will be better soundwise to use Airplay instead of Bluetooth

MM

blinkyp732
          • Topics Started 2
          • Total Posts 4

Thank you.

The beoplay app says my A6 is up to date but I know this unit is discontinued and pretty old so can you or anyone chime in and verify if SW Version 1.27.47 is the latest?

Carolpa
            • Topics Started 8
            • Total Posts 196

mine was updated on 20-10-2021 to sw 1.27.47106.120390320.

SO it seems it has the latest sw version

blinkyp732
              • Topics Started 2
              • Total Posts 4

What is the best way to connect the A6 with a hard line to AppleTV and SONY Bravia OLED?  The WIFI connection constantly disconnects.  Any work arounds?

Carolpa
                • Topics Started 8
                • Total Posts 196

What is the best way to connect the A6 with a hard line to AppleTV and SONY Bravia OLED? The WIFI connection constantly disconnects. Any work arounds?

if you want the sound of the Sony on the A6, I would say the best solution would be SPDIF/Toslink. Note: to eliminate the delay you have to change the setting of the A6.

question: how were the A6, the AppleTV and the Sony wifi connected together?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds