Beoplay 500

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    fegtgfewfre
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 1

adab47e530c22dabd40f1027807fb8785579ddce82877d58c41b2a8ecb89cb66_optim-2adab47e530c22dabd40f1027807fb8785579ddce82877d58c41b2a8ecb89cb66_optim-2e

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg/Danmark
        • Topics Started 27
        • Total Posts 806

Yet another pair of headphones.

Fairly easy to find a picture on the internet.

3D1F9888-0DB6-4600-9B26-A124C9854082

MM

Emilos88
          • Topics Started 3
          • Total Posts 51

That picture is H8i not the new 500

Millemissen
          BRONZE Member
            • Flensborg/Danmark
            • Topics Started 27
            • Total Posts 806

Maybe you are right….or the design is similar!

P.S.

This is the source of the picture:

BANG OLUFSEN BEOPLAY 500 Wireless Active Noise Cancellation Over Ear Headphones User Guide

MM

matador
              • Paris France
              • Topics Started 48
              • Total Posts 689

Could anybody make a quick recap of the different headphones and their differences?

I can’t see clearly in the lineup and struggle to understand the difference between an HX and a Portal. I mean, I know one is intend for music and the other for games but what does it mean in real life if you listen to music with a Portal or watch TV with an HX?

In the case of the H95, I believe it’s all about finishing and sound quality certainly above the average lineup but even that I’m not sure.

A pensum would help, Thanks in advance.

Emilos88
                • Topics Started 3
                • Total Posts 51

The HX is cheaper than the Portal in the way that you dont get a case with the Portals. I would always recommend the Portal PC, becuase if you wanted to use it with a PC it will be much better than the HX (If you ever needed to chat on skype, Discord and so on)

The Beoplay 500, without knowing I would belive is made for teams and Zoom, but in many ways the same as the Portals.

matteventu
                  • Topics Started 0
                  • Total Posts 56

I’m starting to hate their approach to headphones…

This seems to be yet another headphones based on the Portal reference design (just like the Cisco B&O 980 headset).

What I’m struggling to understand here, is what’s the niche these aim to. If they’re intended for music, then:

1- Why are they needed, as they surely can’t be considered a successor to HX nor an upgrade of the Portal themselves. A variant of the Portal but aimed at music (no gaming)? Just why. Isn’t that the purpose of the HX?

2- If they’re for music, then those double-tap and triple-tap commands for track control totally SUCK. With the HX already they screwed up the touchpads (which worked flawlessly on H9 3rd Gen, and that they’ve ruined with HX) and ANC (again, better on H9 3rd Gen). Will these at least support the microphone when connected via USB-C (H9/H95/HX don’t – Portals do) ?

Very curious about discovering more details for this product, but for now I can’t help but feel a bit disappointed.

@Emilos88: I’m not sure about that, as B&O recently announced that the HX are getting the Zoom/Teams certification (which at practical level won’t change absolutely anything, it’s probably just going to be a marketing gimmick.

Millemissen
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Flensborg/Danmark
                    • Topics Started 27
                    • Total Posts 806

Part of understanding this is the wish to take part in the big current market for headphones – homeworking.

https://press.bang-olufsen.com/d/gKpSDxqk8eyT/news#/august-2022/bang-olufsen-to-win-hybrid-workers-with-microsoft-teams-and-zoom

MM

Gaea
                      • Netherlands
                      • Topics Started 9
                      • Total Posts 46

The Portal has thicker cushions as the HX, wich might be more comfy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds