Beomedia 1 (type 1750)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    asgaard
    BRONZE Member

Hi all,

Got from friend of mine Beomedia 1 , but unfornatelly the hdd is clean, there is no software whatsoever. I was hoping to have it downloaded from sites, but no joy so far. Once it is turn on it display B&O logo and then hard drive error which asks to Insert system disk and press enter. Do you have by any chance firmware/software for that model, please.

Beobuddy
      BRONZE Member

Have you tried to enter the BIOS and look whether the harddrive is chosen as first bootable drive? It might be the CMOS backup battery which fails and therefore settings are lost.

asgaard
        BRONZE Member

No, I haven’t tried that, but thanks for a tip. Once I will try I will keep posted.

Thanks

asgaard
          BRONZE Member

Short update:

Once it’s turn on, you can heard that the hdd plates are started spinning with clicking (probably hdd faulty) and message came up on the screen as Disk Boot Failure, insert system disk and press Enter. I tried to go to the Bios, but not sure which key on the keyboard should I press, and I tried already F8, F12, F10 but none of them are giving me access to BIOS.

Thanks

Millemissen
            GOLD Member
              • Flensborg/Danmark
              asgaard
              BRONZE Member

Thanks for that, will keep you posted once tested.

asgaard
                BRONZE Member

I have tested it, looks like hdd is faulty. There is no problem to get a replacement hdd (as in previous link) using adapter to convert from ide to sata, but I have no way of getting software of the Beomedia. All I found online was BeoPlayer, but not sure if anyone of you has a recovery copy of the system.

Thanks

Keith Saunders
                  Administrator
                    • Hampshire, England

You will not find the software on-line because B&O just added it to the recovery partition. You then go into the recovery via the BIOS. However as your disk apparently has totally failed you will need to get an disk image from another Beomedia 1Beomedia

asgaard
                    BRONZE Member

I’m hoping that someone has a disk image for spare from Beomedia 1.

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.