Beomaster 900 newbie aux input buzzing question

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beomaster 900 newbie aux input buzzing question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Julian Ritchie
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 2

Just received a very good looking Beomaster 900K which is in good working order and makes a very good sound for 2x6w. Very pleased! It’s my first B&O, having spent most of the 1970’s looking at friends’ parents 2400’s and up systems.

Question –

At power on, its quiet with no aux connected.

If I plug in a 5 pin din to 3.5 mm lead, within 10 seconds a buzzing starts and gets louder until something (unearthed and not on mains power) is connected when the buzzing vanishes thankfully. Does this need fixing or just ignore? What is building up here?

FM is amazingly good even with what I presume is an internal aerial plugged in via 3 pin plug to the FM/UKW socket. Sound is so warm.
      Whats an easy aerial for the rest to plug into the other socket? I don’t have the plug though.

Otherwise all seems to be in very good order and lights and dials all working.
      Are there any maintenance items to do/clean/ other?
      I’m not going to start soldering just yet!

many thanks

Dillen
        • Topics Started 3
        • Total Posts 621

Difficult to say what could be the reason, but if you start working or diagnosing keep in mind that Beomaster 900 has positive ground.

Martin

Julian Ritchie
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 2

Thank you. I wondered about ground.
          it’s only a 2 wire mains connection and I wondered about running the ground terminal at the rear to a 3 pin grounded plug. At least to ground the chassis.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.