Beomaster 8000 ghost turn-on

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions Vintage Products Beomaster 8000 ghost turn-on

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    alf
      • Topics Started 23
      • Total Posts 111

Hi All,

some months ago I posted that very issue on the forum which caught the member

Sonavor’s (John) interest.

the issue seemed to have gone away for some time only to come back recently. The

BM turns itself on to the Tuner with a volume setting of 0.9 which is generating only a very faint sound.

The “ghost turn on” seems to coincide with warmer temperatur and direct sun light onto the receiver. That sparked the idea of blocking the front remote receiver with some alu foil – since that measure in place the were no further ghost turn-ons !!

would it be a reasonable assumption to suspect a weakening IR sensor 6D27 or 6IC1 ?

As always, pointers are most welcome 🤗

ALF

sonavor
        • Topics Started 0
        • Total Posts 59

Hi ALF,

Can you disable the Beomaster 8000 IR receiver circuit to verify the problem doesn’t occur when the remote control receiving circuit is out of the picture?

It will require leaving it disabled for a good period of time (maybe a month).  Then verifying the problem returns after re-enabling the IR receiver.

John

alf
          • Topics Started 23
          • Total Posts 111

Hi John,

yes, I will do that after all those turntables are off the workbench and will repost the findings – wish me luck 👍🤞

ALF

sonavor
            • Topics Started 0
            • Total Posts 59

Great.
            I will be interested in how it turns out.
            Obviously, re-check that the problem is still occurring right before trying anything.
            It has been a difficult problem to nail down.

John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds