Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoMaster Beomaster 6500 – updating radio to digital

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Carol
    BRONZE Member

Hello – has anyone tried Neomesteren (Neo Radio)?    It is a small box that updates Bang and Olufsen AM/FM radios to digital,  using existing remotes.     However, our Beomaster 6500 will not pre-set and store the 90 ghz channel it requires.     Can anyone help?

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg————Danmark

I saw and was explained the Neo Radio, when it was almost finished for selling a couple of years ago.

(Since my setup now is pure NetworkLink-based, I have no need for it personally….it is a cool product, though).

I do not quite understand, what you mean by ‘90 ghz it requires’.
        There is an extensive guide on the Neomesteren website.

In short it offers netradio stations, which can be modulated onto the FM band of a Beomaster.
        You can store quite a few (depending on the Beomaster, you have) stations just like you would do with oldfashioned FM stations.
        Herafter you just start Radio and the number.
        If you have a Masterlink setup, these stations can be distributed just like previously with old FM stations.

If you do not find a solution on the website, I’d advice you to write the guys at Beomesteren – the owner/founder is a nice guy.

MM

Carol
        BRONZE Member

Thank you so much!

Millemissen
          BRONZE Member
            • Flensborg————Danmark

Sorry, I thought that Carol was familiar with storing stations on the 6500….probably not so!

It indeed is a bit tricky, since the BM65000 (the system) was designed to be used with the MCL panel.

But it is doable even with a Beo4.Please consult the 3-4 first entries.
            I did a Google search with the following:
            beomaster 6500 how to tune the radio with beo4 site:archivedforum.beoworld.org

From memory…….back in the days I used a Beolink 1000 – which has a native GoTo button – and did the following:

IMG_0903

MM

Stoobie
            GOLD Member

I think this is the part Carol is having difficulty with from the user manual :-

If you have a B&O product with 20 fixed FM channels, each channel must be set to 90.0 MHz. Consult the B&O manual for help setting the FM channel at 90.0 MHz.

It only needs to be done once and is a tedious process, but necessary. If you have a B&O product with 99 fixed channels and want to use 99 Internet channels, it is a difficult process, but it only has to be done once inconnection with setup. We’re sorry, but that’s the setup.

It seems the product uses the 90.0MHz to “broadcast” to the B&O radio.

Stoobie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.