Beomaster 6500 -can it be saved??

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoMaster Beomaster 6500 -can it be saved??

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    buggame
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 1

Hi all, have come by a Beomaster 6500 and a CD 4500…both have issues!!
      But the amp first.
      Its is in remarkably good condition…aesthetically. Barely a scratch/mark on it. Internally its very clean –  like brand new clean (the internal fan has no dust, etc)! It just doesnt work. 😉

The amp clicks – the two relays appear to function.
      There is no stand-by light.
      The front switches do not appear to work/control the amplifier. I don’t presently have a remote so can’t test that unfortunately.
      The front screen is blank….tho does flash briefly when first turned on. I can trick it to display by very quickly unplugging and plugging the main plug back in….and then the whole display is illuminated but not functional. The left (nor right hand) button still doesn’t appear to function/change the display.

The previous owner – not the original owner (a young fella) informs me he replaced (had it replaced unsure which) the lithium battery however this didnt make a difference. The battery still has a solid 3v. It would seem no-one has done any other work on the other boards – no water damage, no popped/swollen caps/etc, no evidence of heat….

It came with a new main board chip – Intel ‘1980’ P8032AH – that hasn’t been installed….possibly because he got a quote for fitting it – that doesn’t look like an easy job!!?? Possibly this wasn’t the problem?? Not sure.

What does the brain-trust think? Seen this before? Suggestions on where to look first? Worth fixing? – remembering it’s a very clean, what otherwise appears to have been a very well looked after piece of equipment.

TIA Ian

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoMaster Beomaster 6500 -can it be saved??

• You must be logged in to create new topics.