Beomaster 6000 Type 2702 service manual

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Vinlyfrontier57
    • Topics Started 2
    • Total Posts 9

Does anyone know if the service manual for the Beomaster 6000 Type 2702 is available in the public domain on the internet.  I can find manuals for what I assume is a later Beomaster 6000, but the one I need is for the quadraphonic version circa 1974.

(Fyi the problem with the unit is that the power supply pcb (circuit board 5 on the circuit diagram) isn’t generating the 18V rail, so the input selection function doesn’t operate.)

Thanks.

Keith Saunders
    • Hampshire, England
    • Topics Started 28
    • Total Posts 149

The the following manuals are available in the Beoworld library for silver and gold members.2702

hcraig244
    BRONZE Member
    • Topics Started 9
    • Total Posts 154

Are you sure its not the 21vdc that is fed from PCB2 ?

I have had a problem with the voltage regulator for the 21vdc in  the past

Craig

Vinlyfrontier57
    • Topics Started 2
    • Total Posts 9

Thanks for your post, Craig (#4161).

I checked the 20V and 21V rails that are generated on PCB2.  They measured 10V and 11.5V respectively, so there is a problem here too.

Can you by any chance remember which components had failed on your unit?  Was it the regulator transistor (2TR8) on the cct diagram?

Thanks,

Phil (Vinylfrontier57)

hcraig244
    BRONZE Member
    • Topics Started 9
    • Total Posts 154

Phil

As I recall I replaced the zener diode 2D9 and the problem pesisted, I then replaced the two diodes 2D10 and 2D8 and still had an issue, I put off replacing the zener diode 0D2 because it was difficult to get at….its hidden away off PCB2 and bracketed against the front end shield box PC1, eventually I had no choice but to do so….and that solved the problem, I cant remember if I replaced 2TR8 or not….the post will be somewhere in the archived forum 2012-2022 along with pictures if you care to try and track it down…..it may help, I would recommend changing 2TR8 seeing as your going to replace the diodes…….good luck I have had lots of fun with the 6000 type 2702 amps.

sonavor
    • Topics Started 0
    • Total Posts 59

Here are a nice series of posts by Alain (boneofiel) showing a complete Beomaster 6000 Type 2702 restoration.  The link starts with the final post and goes backwards.  At the end of each page is a link to look at older posts to continue the thread.

There is a lot of good information in the threads.

Vinlyfrontier57
    • Topics Started 2
    • Total Posts 9

Craig, thanks for your recollections on which components you replaced in the PCB2 power supply circuit.

I had noticed from the circuit diagram that 0D2 isn’t actually on the pcb, and could be difficult to get at.  Having done my initial inspection without disassembling the main internals, I now need to start pulling it apart to get the the power supply circuits, starting with the tuner dial cord.  Wish me luck!

Phil (Vinylfrontier57)

Vinlyfrontier57
    • Topics Started 2
    • Total Posts 9

Hi sonavor, many thanks for the link to the Beomaster 6000/2702 restoration on the Beolover blogspot.  There’s a huge amount of useful info here, which I’ll read carefully.

Phil (Vinylfrontier57)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.