BEOMASTER 5500 RECEIVER – PHONO IN RCA INPUTS BROKEN

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions Vintage Products BEOMASTER 5500 RECEIVER – PHONO IN RCA INPUTS BROKEN

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BMXband1t77
      • Topics Started 9
      • Total Posts 16

Hi,

Well thats torn it! I think i have somehow broken or loosened the Phono (vinyl) rca inputs on the back of my amp. Now when i select Phono as an input i get horrendous feedback hum and no signal. Previously it was working fine BUT i had to fiddle didn’t i?

I received a nice quality 5 Pin DIN to Phono socket cable with the intention of upgrading the current rca plug to rca socket bell wire our Rega is currently connected to.

I made the necesary alterations, removing the rca phono input cable from the amp, which was fully switched off at the wall, and replacing it with the new Din to rca socket cable, only to be met with massive feedback earth hum. I quickly realised that there may be a an earthing wire missing to this connection. i hunted around the back of our Rega RP1 only to find NO earthing cable at all!

I turned the amp fully off again, fully removed power from the wall socket and inserted my Beogram record deck control cable, total silence so it cannot be the DIN input at fault, it is the new cable not earthing correctly? I will be sending this back as its no use to me now.

I replaced the old rca to rca socket cable fully expecting normal vinyl playback to be restored.

NOPE! All i got was horrendous earth hum again. Upon closer inspection the Right rca socket on the amp does now feel a little ‘wobbly’ and the hum changes in severity when it is wiggled.

The problem with these amps is there is almost zero room to get purchase on tight fitting cables (see pic) and from me removing and replacing this cable i fear i have broken something disastrously ruining my lovely (and pretty much functioning) Beomaster 5500 receiver!

I need help to get this sorted out and relatively cheaply as the wife has had enough of my vintage B&O resurrection attempts, i fear i may be forced to go back to square one with another system.

i had got these working fine until today:

1. Vinyl playback via rca phono inputs
      2. Beocord cassetted deck playback
      3. WiiM pro plus music streamer and recaster.

Now i have both Vinyl and CD non functioning….sigh…

thanks for any help and advice,

sheesh I am not having much luck being a new B&O owner am i?

Jon

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds