Beomaster 5000 phantom input changes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rhoooob
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 3

I recently lucked into a Beomaster 5000 with all its matching components. (I was really just looking for a receiver to match my parents’ old Beogram RX, but hey, even better!)

The Beogram 5000 needs some TLC, but otherwise everything seems to be in fine shape, with one nagging issue: the Beomaster randomly switches to the aux/CD input, from whichever other one I’m listening to (or from standby). It’s not frequent, maybe once or twice a day, and seems unrelated to whatever the Beogram is doing at the time.

A few things I’ve noticed/tried:

• Even though the input changes to aux, the Beocord tape player usually wakes up out of standby when this happens.
      • It isn’t the master control panel — I took the batteries out and left the system on standby for a while, and came home to it awake on aux.

Do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone? Any ideas for next troubleshooting steps? I’m leaving it now with the IR sensor covered, to see if it’s somehow getting a phantom signal, although I suspect the cause is more likely something internal.

Die_Bogener
        • Topics Started 3
        • Total Posts 187

Maybe a old timer programming in memory?

rhoooob
          • Topics Started 2
          • Total Posts 3

You know, that might just be it — looks like there was one program saved, starting up aux on some schedule! I deleted it, let’s hope the phantom changes go away.

Thanks for the idea! Glad it was so simple 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds