beomaster 4400 repair

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    oldie56
    BRONZE Member

Hi again all, I have a chance to buy a beomaster 4400 which cosmetically is in great shape, all there, v clean etc….apparently it powers up but no further testing been done to it…I am taking this to mean it does not work ! My question is, it it worth a major re-cap etc and if so any idea how much a major internal overhaul would cost approximately? I am in the uk and realise answering this exactly would be impossible but if a rough budget figure might be suggested it would give me an idea if the unit is worth pursuing…like I say, its cosmetically good, powers up but after that, who knows? working on assumption it needs the full treatment inside but I don`t know what this would cost? A ball park figure would def help me…My thanks to you  all again for  your advice and help…this forum is certainly a major help….cheers…

mexking
      BRONZE Member
        • Mexico city

Here is what I changed in mine 2012, plus a lot of cleaning and adjustments, dirtiest unit I ever done. P1000933 (2021_01_16 19_18_46 UTC)

hcraig244
        BRONZE Member

Martin aka Dillen will sell you a complete set of capacitors and lamps for this unit, not sure what he charges these days so you need to send him a post…….however replacing capacitors may be just the start………first thing would be to determine if it actually works prior to replacing anything, most problems can be resolved without spending a fortune and these amplifiers are well worth restoring

Craig

Dillen
          FOUNDER Member

set of capacitors and lamps ….

http://www.beoparts-shop.com

Martin

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Dillen.
            chartz
            BRONZE Member
              • Burgundy

Hi,

The Beomaster 4400 remains my favourite one sonically speaking. Entirely worth the effort, and very reliable when it has been properly restored with Beoparts components ☺️

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.