Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home › Forums › Product Discussion & Questions › BeoMaster › Beomaster 2400 type 2901 – relay clicking constantly and rapidly. Help needed!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #125702
    drfresh
    BRONZE Member

    I’ve been working on this unit for quite some time – different problems that I hope I have fixed.

    One of the first problems I had was that I could not switch the unit into “standby”. That seemed to be solved and then I discovered other problems with the output stage. That solved along with other stuff I honestly can no longer remember (should have made a log) I finally was able to get it to play tape and FM. But i noticed a heavy “bleeding” between the inputs. And then suddenly – for no obvious reason – the relay just started clicking repeatedly and rapidly. If I put the unit on a dim bulb the lamp lights up as if there is some short.

    So I’m stuck there now and can get to the remaining problem(s).

    During all my work I have checked and replaced several electrolytics (all have been measured), some transistors including IC300 and IC301 on the right channel, the 15V rail rectifier have been changed, TR27 measured and is in good shape.

    The clicking occurs regardless of whether board 4 and 5 are connected.

    All the above just to say that I have been all over the unit. What I suspect but cannot find may be a short or a loose wire somewhere. It’s so difficult to work on board 2 and more that one wire have slipped and needed to be resoldered in the process.

    I did also exchange several dead lamps and I have a wrong/faulty potentiometer (the 50K for bass that was a 100Kohm (and it did look as if it was put in by the factury!).

    Sorry for the long post and for if the issue have been addressed earlier – I did search – but I thought some context may be useful.

    Please ask for measurements, photos or anything – I have done ALOT – and thanks for any help. I’m very close to giving up on this unit…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.