Beomaster 1900-2

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gravity Graham
      • Cornwall, UK
      • Topics Started 5
      • Total Posts 41

I’m trying to work on a Beomaster 1900-2 which has a powering on problem.
      When power is applied, the Standby lamp illuminates, and goes off when I select any of the functions.. however, that is all it does.  The volume lamps stay illuminated at about the 70% level, (unable to change) but nothing else lights.   I have to switch off, and on again for it to select Standby mode.  I am not able to get any sound out of it either – I presume that it is muted until there is a good output ?
      I was able to check the 15v supply – and I was able to adjust it as in the Service manual.
      My main problem is my eyesight – Even with a magnifying glass I can’t find 2TR32 or 31.. Does any one have a layout diagram like the ones for the BeoGrams ??
      Graham H.

Glitch
        • Topics Started 18
        • Total Posts 267

Graham,

I don’t have a layout diagram, but there are alternatives if you cant find one.

It is often easier to find a numbered component from the markings on the back side of the board.  If the print is too small to read, the board can be scanned on a flatbed scanner and enlarged on a computer monitor. If you don’t have a flatbed scanner, taking a picture with a regular camera can also work. Once you have the board in digital format you can also mark it up in something like Photoshop or print it and add hand notes to the printout.

Glitch

Gravity Graham
          • Cornwall, UK
          • Topics Started 5
          • Total Posts 41

Hi Glitch – The main board is not easily removeable  – however, I was planning on trying to take a photo and see if I can manipulate it enough to make readable, so unless someone else comes up with one they’ve already done !!  So great minds think alike – I’ll use my digital camera to produce a good picture, and go from there…
          Graham

Glitch
            • Topics Started 18
            • Total Posts 267

Graham,

I usually try to start with pictures of the component side. There are often issues with the components blocking the board markings and sometimes depth-of-field. The trace side usually doesn’t have these issues.

For boards that are hard to get out… I just think of this as being unavoidable. One needs access to the trace side to do most repairs. I usually remove the board unless the board is really accessible. This helps with avoiding soldering mistakes that might damage the old, delicate traces. Also, often the boards aren’t as difficult to remove as it would initially appear.

Glitch

Dillen
              • Topics Started 4
              • Total Posts 389

TR31 and TR32 are only one or two cms apart, in grids G1 (TR31) and F1 (TR32).
              Most (but not all) original Beomaster 1900 / Beomaster 2400 servicemanuals have excellent PCB layouts.

Martin

Gravity Graham
                • Cornwall, UK
                • Topics Started 5
                • Total Posts 41

Actually Glitch – on the 1900 it is the trace side which is uppermost, and the printing is hardly legible… This is my difficulty..

Gravity Graham
                  • Cornwall, UK
                  • Topics Started 5
                  • Total Posts 41

Thanks for that Dillen – I can see markings for F & G, but no numbers.  I’ll dig out my maginfying glass and see if I can identify them.  I could really do with a PCB layout like I have with my BG400..!!
                  Regards – Graham H.

Dillen
                    • Topics Started 4
                    • Total Posts 389

Find an original manual.

Martin

Gravity Graham
                      • Cornwall, UK
                      • Topics Started 5
                      • Total Posts 41

Find an original manual.
                      Martin
                      ————————————

I’m awaiting a response from someone on e-Bay who is selling an original manual – I’ve asked if it contains the layout diagrams…
                      Otherwise, it looks like ordering from USA…
                      Graham

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds