Beomaster 1600 Type17XX Capacitor Polariy

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beomaster 1600 Type17XX Capacitor Polariy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jfrancis49
    SILVER Member
      • Topics Started 12
      • Total Posts 44

Hello All,

I have re-capped the larger board of a Beogram 1600 and when I was checking against a second duplicate parts board I have, I saw that the electrolytic capacitor on C110 is reversed from the parts board. The board symbol indicates I have put it in correctly on teh recapped board. The negative polarity of C110 connects with R110 according to the printed board symbol and the schematic in the service manual. The spare parts board has the positive polarity connected to R110 but the symbol indicates that it should be the negative. Should I go by the mounted capacitor on the parts board and assume the symbols on the board and schematic of the manual are both wrong.

I don’t want to plug this in until I know what is correct. Any help would be appreciated.

John

Dillen
        • Topics Started 4
        • Total Posts 504

The series of capacitor and resistor can be in either order.
        One end of the capacitor carries a known DC level ~ the base voltage of the first transistor.
        Seeing as this is an input, we don’t know the level of any DC content of the incoming signal.
        It’s a general handrule to make the positive lead face inwards.

This also goes for line-level outputs. Positive inwards.
        So when coupling an input to an output, it will be negative pin facing negative pin = bipolar capacitance.

Martin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beomaster 1600 Type17XX Capacitor Polariy

• You must be logged in to create new topics.