Beomaster 1600 Type 17xx Clutch Washer Replacement

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beomaster 1600 Type 17xx Clutch Washer Replacement

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jfrancis49
    SILVER Member
      • Topics Started 12
      • Total Posts 44

Hello All,

I have resolved a couple of the more difficult issues with renovating a Beomaster 1600 (the belt driven controls Beomaster receiver), namely replacement belts and the plastic wheels that run the belts. I have found a source for the belts that can be cut to size and I have found someone to 3D print the roller wheels with my design modifications, so they are less likely to break at the shaft in the future.

What I could use some help with is how to replace the clutch washers in the controls. I have Martin’s (Dillen) replacement washers and know that the clear plastic housing needs to come apart to replace the rubber washers. What I am looking for is any insight into what needs to happen to get to the washers that need replacement. I am a little hesitant to take everything apart that doesn’t need taken apart. If anyone has done this before and give some advice I would appreciate it.

I will post pictures of my redesigned roller wheels and belts soon. Also there are a number of sources out there for the belts I found that can be ordered online to cut down.

John

jfrancis49
      SILVER Member
        • Topics Started 12
        • Total Posts 44

Hello Orava,

There are different places on the internet you can find them, I am not sure the moderators want us to post sources. But if you do a search for “Industrial Drive Timing Belts HTD 3M Pitch Timing Belt Width 30mm Open-Ended Transmission Synchronous Belts” you will find several sources, it is branded 3M but made most likely in China. It is available in different lengths and I would get more than you think you need. You will have to cut the 30mm to around 27-28mm width and cut the length based on an old 1600 belt. Getting a clean cut between the belt ribs for a good splice is the tricky part. That is why I would get more than I need. If done cleanly and straight you then use Gorilla Super Glue Gel and clamp it for 24 hours. I have done two belts and the seem is invisible. You can use WD-40 and a cotton swab to remove small amounts of visible glue.

I plan on posting pictures of the belts when I get the clutch washers installed. I have everything apart replaced the clutch washers, but am having issues putting the rod and parts back in the plastic housing.

John

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beomaster 1600 Type 17xx Clutch Washer Replacement

• You must be logged in to create new topics.