Beomaster 1400 buttons

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions Vintage Products Beomaster 1400 buttons

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pindsen
      • Denmark
      • Topics Started 17
      • Total Posts 55

Hi,
      Working on a BM1400 Type 2659 I have that almost all buttons are stuck – they do not move. I am trying to push and pull while using contact cleaner but it do not make a change – what do I do?

/Pindsen

Mark-sf
        • Topics Started 0
        • Total Posts 258

You will need to open the top and remove the front panel as if I remember the switch assemblies are board mounted. Once you have access, you can see what is hanging up the interlock mechanism.

Dillen
          • Topics Started 4
          • Total Posts 389

The buttons are stuck in dry lubricants.
          Pull the knobs off, clean both sides of the metal blade for each knob and the respective
          mating slot in the knobs plastic backside.
          Contact cleaner can often help dissolve and shift the dried stuff.
          Sometimes IPA is better. Try and see.
          Pipe cleaners are good for cleaning both parts as they can be shaped to suit and will fit nicely in the slot.
          When clean add a little silicone grease (of the non-hardening type) to the slot in the
          plastic backsides and push back the knobs.

All this can be done from the front.
          If a knob is really stubborn, you can lever it off careful using a flat-bladed screwdriver
          from below into the knobs recess and against the front frame with pieces of thin cardboard between to avoid scratching.

Martin

Pindsen
            • Denmark
            • Topics Started 17
            • Total Posts 55

Hi,
            Thank you for the description, I had not noticed the ability to pull the knobs off like you mention. Then I might have another issue, and that is that the buttons do not thay IN when being pressed. There was a small blade spring that has become loose, it was attached to the P2 button on the side but despite trying mounting it differently I cannot make it work – I assume it have something to do with the plastic thing moving underneath the buttons?
            Can you help with that also?

/Pindsen

chartz
              • Burgundy
              • Topics Started 3
              • Total Posts 199

Good luck and remember, we love pictures here.

Pindsen
                • Denmark
                • Topics Started 17
                • Total Posts 55

Hi,
                I can very well end this thread by saying that I figured out how it worked. So the spring-back effect was controlled by the bronze metal spring attached on the P2 button but due to metal fatigue it had no effect anymore so I had to create a new spring effect. It is impressive these small detailed engineering techniques B&O has created over years.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds