BeoLink Gateway setup help

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions BeoLink Gateway setup help

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Tim
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 8
      • Total Posts 30

Hi all,

I saw a BeoLink Gateway for sale the other day and thought it might be a great idea to automate some things in our home so I bought this device without digging deeper into details. As I am normally a typical who does not like manuals and starts things I noticed after one minute that this device will be different so I downloaded the manual and started to read. And what should I say it is Beverly complicated to understand the logic behind this device.

This is why I have hope some of you guys and women can help me setting up my Gateway.

This is the setup I have

1. BASEMENT
        1. KITCHEN
          1. Homekit Light Switch (Shelly)
          2. HomeKit Temperature Sensor
          3. BeoSound Emerge (Pair)
        2. DINING ROOM
          3. BeoSound Level
        3. LIVING ROOM
          3. Homekit Switch for Projector Lift
          4. BeoVision 7-55
          5. NL/ML Converter
          6. BeoSound Core + Record Player
          7. Projector
      2. 1st Floor
        1. BATHROOM
          3. BeoSound Emerge
        2. MASTER BEDROOM
          3. BeoSound Stage
        3. KIDS BEDROOM
          3. BeoSound Level

So I created the equivalent Areas and Zones in the Gateway and assigned the B&O stuff to the global Area.

My problems:

1. When I open the BeoLiving App only the LIVING ROOM appears in the Main menu. All other other rooms are invisible.
      2. When I want to start B&O Radio on the Core ion the LIVING ROOM the TV is quiet and does nothing. In the B&O app and from the BeoRemote it works. TV is setup as Video Master and Core as Audio Master (connected via BeoLink NL/ML)
      3. How can I configure the separate Light Switches in the Gateway? The switches can be connected via the REST API
      4. how can I create scenes for Home Conema, Party, Sunday Brunch and Breakfast?
      5. How can I add PIcture to the rooms?

I think these are my questions for the moment 😉 I hope somebody can help.

Carolpa
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 9
        • Total Posts 199

Second thought >

if the Beolink NL|ML Converter (BLC) is setup correctly and you give the set IR command to start the B&o radio to the BV7 then the radio should play on the tv.

so could you post the BLC settings.

Tim
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 8
          • Total Posts 30

So I managed to get the BeoSound Stage, BeoSound Core and BeoVision 7 to work.

i am now trying the light switches but I think I understood the logic.

The thing that won‘t work is the BeoSound Level and Emerge. Is the Motart Plattform not working with BeoLink? I can‘t see any source in the BeoLink Gateway from those devices and they don‘t show up in the BeoLiving App.

Tim
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 8
            • Total Posts 30

So I managed to get the BeoSound Stage, BeoSound Core and BeoVision 7 to work.

i am now trying the light switches but I think I understood the logic.

The thing that won‘t work is the BeoSound Level and Emerge. Is the Motart Plattform not working with BeoLink? I can‘t see any source in the BeoLink Gateway from those devices and they don‘t show up in the BeoLiving App.

Carolpa
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 9
              • Total Posts 199

….. The thing that won‘t work is the BeoSound Level and Emerge. Is the Motart Plattform not working with BeoLink?

?? not to my knowledge. I still have a BLGW aside my BLI and it (the first) does show/find all my Mozart devices (BL8, BL28, BS Theatre).

I can‘t see any source in the BeoLink Gateway from those devices and they don‘t show up in the BeoLiving App.

Did you press the “Capture” button op the Resources page? You are sure all are connected on the same network?

Carolpa
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 9
                • Total Posts 199

….. The thing that won‘t work is the BeoSound Level and Emerge. Is the Motart Plattform not working with BeoLink?

?? not to my knowledge. I still have a BLGW aside my BLI and it (the first) does show/find all my Mozart devices (BL8, BL28, BS Theatre).

I can‘t see any source in the BeoLink Gateway from those devices and they don‘t show up in the BeoLiving App.

Did you press the “Capture” button op the Resources page? You are sure all are connected on the same network?

Tim
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 8
                  • Total Posts 30

They are seen by the BLGW but it looks like they won’t synchronise. They are on the same network and the Beolink NL/ML is also seeing the sources. So it has to do with the BLGW. Is there something I missed?

I assigned them via Ressources to the Rooms but then can’t see the individual resources in Interfaces.IMG_5911IMG_5908

Tim
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 8
                    • Total Posts 30

They are seen by the BLGW but it looks like they won’t synchronise. They are on the same network and the Beolink NL/ML is also seeing the sources. So it has to do with the BLGW. Is there something I missed?

I assigned them via Ressources to the Rooms but then can’t see the individual resources in Interfaces.IMG_5911IMG_5908

Carolpa
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Topics Started 9
                      • Total Posts 199

Your right, same behaviour on my BLGW

Carolpa
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Topics Started 9
                        • Total Posts 199

Your right, same behaviour on my BLGW

Tim
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Topics Started 8
                          • Total Posts 30

I probably open a thicket with B&O as I think officially my Mozart speakers support BeoLink.

Tim
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Topics Started 8
                            • Total Posts 30

I probably open a thicket with B&O as I think officially my Mozart speakers support BeoLink.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.