Beolink converter NL/ML and BS Ouverture

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beolink converter NL/ML and BS Ouverture

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bkslash
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 6
      • Total Posts 25

Hi, I have BeoSound Ouverture/4000 with BeoLab4500 (connected with PowerLink) + BL3500 + BL2000 + BeoLinkPC2 on ML bus. After connecting BeoLink Converter NL/ML BeoSound Ouverture is not Audio Master anymore, I can’t selet any audio source on BL3500/2000 . I’ve changed the role of NL/ML converter to “audio source”  and configured LINE-IN as N.Radio for ML. And the converter is still audio master…. When I disconnect converter from the ML bus everything works again after a minute (I guess master election takes place). The same situation with converter set to slave and Video Master, what am I doing wrong?
      What I’m trying to achieve:
      1. LINE-IN of BeoLink converter NL/ML as N.RADIO for MasterLink devices
      2. All ML devices  (CD, AUX, RADIO etc) accessible for NL devices
      3. is there any iOS app working as WiFi remote for all ML and NL devices (B&O app in app store is for BeoLink Gateway and does not work with converter…)?

I don’t have IR-eye for converter, so Ouverture is set to option 2 and BL3500/2000 to option 6. So how to connect this converter to ML bus??

Best regards
      Adam

Madskp
      GOLD Member
        • Denmark
        • Topics Started 58
        • Total Posts 774

I guess theBeolink PC2 is setup as a link room since you dont have ML conflicts with that?

Other than that, N.Radio from the NL/ML converter conflicts with the source PHONO (which is the same as N.RADIO) on the Ouverture.

My best advice would be to make the line in from the NL/ML converter a Video source to avoid conflicts

Madskp
        GOLD Member
          • Denmark
          • Topics Started 58
          • Total Posts 774

I guess theBeolink PC2 is setup as a link room since you dont have ML conflicts with that?

Other than that, N.Radio from the NL/ML converter conflicts with the source PHONO (which is the same as N.RADIO) on the Ouverture.

My best advice would be to make the line in from the NL/ML converter a Video source to avoid conflicts

Madskp
          GOLD Member
            • Denmark
            • Topics Started 58
            • Total Posts 774

bkslash
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 6
              • Total Posts 25

Thank you for the answer. Well, BeoLink PC2 isn’t fully operational because I’m using it with PowerMac G4 and I have some problems with it (after firmware upgrade from 1.20 to 1.30 I have no sound on phones output). PC2 is able to communicate with directly connected speakers and amplifier, turns it on and off with iTunes starting/closing, but no sound on masterlink and phones output – TBD). So:

1. you suggest to make the converter Video Master and map LINE-IN to one of the Video sources?
              2. you said that N.MUSIC conflicts with PHONO source of Ouverture – what is transmitted from Ouverture as PHONO? I have a TV connected to AUX and it’s seen as A. AUX on the ML, CD is CD, TAPE i A. TAPE, RADIO is RADIO. so what is PHONO??? I was going to connect my Beogram 3000 also to AUX of Ouverture (with Y DIN-7 connector, port will be shared with TV). Can it be the reason of no sound from PC2 on the bus?

Best regards
              Adam

bkslash
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 6
                • Total Posts 25

Update – NL/ML converter works as Video Master (I dont’t know why it wasn’t working previously configured as V Master), LINE-IN is mapped as PC (standard key on my Beo4 remote) and TV (additional physical button on BL2000) and it streams music from bluetooth receiver. This time PC2 was not connected to the bus, so maybe that’s the reason…
                Is there any way to stream to Ouverture? I tried to turn on TV/PC source on ouverture, but it’s not switching to such sources…

Madskp
                GOLD Member
                  • Denmark
                  • Topics Started 58
                  • Total Posts 774

Great to hear that you got it working to some extent by changing the NL/ML converter ti V.MASTER.

Is there any way to stream to Ouverture? I tried to turn on TV/PC source on ouverture, but it’s not switching to such sources…

LINE-IN is mapped as PC

I am not sure that the Ouverture will react to the PC command. My Ouverture does not at least. Try to map it to video source like V.MEM or DVD

you said that N.MUSIC conflicts with PHONO source of Ouverture – what is transmitted from Ouverture as PHONO? I have a TV connected to AUX and it’s seen as A. AUX on the ML, CD is CD, TAPE i A. TAPE, RADIO is RADIO. so what is PHONO???

The Ouverture has the possibility to control a second tape player and a record player connected to the AUX connector if they have datalink. For that reason the commands PHONO (record player) and Tape2 is both redirected to the AUX connector on the Ouverture and it will show the right name in the display. However if something without datalink is connected to the  AUX connector AUX is shown in the display and therefor the Ouverture will also accept the AUX command.

Because of this the sources PHONO (which is the same as N.RADIO) and Tape2 (which is the same as N.MUSIC) can not be used by any other sources in the ML network, and the Beolink PC2 can therefor not be used as a source in this setup.

For the Beolink PC2 to work in this setup it can only function as a link room (option 6) or else you have to replace the Ouverture to a more moderns system that will work with the N.RADIO and N.MUSIC sources from an other device. This could for example be the BS3000 with the right software version.

I was going to connect my Beogram 3000 also to AUX of Ouverture (with Y DIN-7 connector, port will be shared with TV

Be aware that nor the Ouverture or the BG3000 has built in RIAA amplifier. If you use an external RIAA amplifier and wan’t the Ouverture to control the BG3000 you will need a RIAA amplifier that also can take the datalink signals between the BG3000 and the Ouverture.

I am not sure if it can be a problem to have the TV and the record player on the Y connector. The sound from the TV will be transmitted into the record player and that may be an issue. Other members might be able to elaborate on that.

I hope this answers your questions and makes sense?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beolink converter NL/ML and BS Ouverture

• You must be logged in to create new topics.