BeoLink BLC question

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions BeoLink BLC question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stan
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 18
      • Total Posts 137

I have recently setup a 2nd hand BLC, and everything seems to be working properly in that I can listen to NL sources on my ML devices and vice versa.

It all works fine except for 2 problems:

1. The ML sources only show up in the B&O App for devices configured in “Connect to (Primary)/(Secondary)”.  Is the correct?  I seem to remember it showing up in all devices.
      2. My stereo paired Balances do not seem to want to play ball with the ML sources.  I can send its audio to ML, but I cannot get it to accept ML audio.  The ML sources do not show up in its audio source choices in the B&O app even when configured as the “Connected to (Primary)”, and if I start sending ML to my BS1, I can multi-room the audio to every NL device I have except for the Balances.  Is this a limitation of Mozart?

Any insight or ideas are welcome.

Stan

Rolf2
      BRONZE Member
        • Germany
        • Topics Started 3
        • Total Posts 52

Hi Stan,

I have e. g. one BLC set up with my BS 9000. In „Connect to Primary“ it is configured with my Essence MK II. The ML sources show up in the sources list of the Essence. They are not visible in the sources list of my BS 2 (ASE) or of my Emerge (Mozart). I do not know if this has been always like this, but it seems logical to me because there is no direct connection between the ML sources of the BLC and the NL devices.

With Balances in such a set up I have no experience. What I do know is, that my BS 9000 playing CD – via BLC – is multi-roomed to my Emerge.

Right now I am listening to Sarah K. on CD over my BeoGram 4500 CD. It has also been set up with a BLC and in the App I can see possible BeoLink Multiroom connections to Eclipse, Essence, BS2 and Emerge. I can not see my other BLC connected devices.

Kind regards,

Rolf

Stan
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 18
          • Total Posts 137

When I start a ML source on the BLC, the Balance can join.  When I start a ML source on the BS1, the Balance cannot join even though it shows up in the multi-room device list.

Next question is that when I start a source on the BLC, the audio also plays on the speakers of the ML device.  For example, I select N.Music on the BLC, my BS5 starts playing on its connected speakers.  I thought it was supposed to behave like a BL3500 or BL Active where I select N.Music and it only plays on the BL3500 / BL Active (unless I also activate the BS5 speakers).

Is there a BLC or BS5 config setting somewhere that can make it not automatically play when the BLC source is selected?  This is annoying because the audio on the NL side is delayed from the ML side.

Stan
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 18
            • Total Posts 137

Pressing the Join button on the Balance plays the last source I played on the Balance.  I must have enabled the new interface?  I haven’t paid too much for attention to these interfaces since usually I use the app or my Essense remote since I find the the “physical” buttons on the units to be too finicky.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.