BeoLab 8000: suddenly switches to Off while playing music

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions BeoLab 8000: suddenly switches to Off while playing music

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    KolfMAKER
      • The Netherlands
      • Topics Started 36
      • Total Posts 209

I have one BeoLab 8000 (serial nr. 1086 xxxx) with strange behavior.

My music source is connected via the RCA/Line input in the foot. The selector switch is set to  RCA/Line.

This is what happens:

• When I start playing music, it does not immediately switch to On. Only when I set the volume on my source quite loud (appr. 85%), the BeoLab switches from Standby to On.
      • After having played music, but at a lower volume level then that made the BeoLab switch On, the BeoLab 8000 switches back to Standby/Off after appr. 35 seconds.
      • When playing music on the same volume level as the level that made the BeoLab switch On, it keeps playing.

Question

• Anyone, any idea what could be wrong?
      KolfMAKER
        • The Netherlands
        • Topics Started 36
        • Total Posts 209

Thnx for responding and sharing your suggestion Auric.

Yes, I know about the foamrot issue. In this I did check all PCB’s, connectors, etc. for foamrot. Some copper traces have had a ‘by-pass’ already.

What bothers me is that at high volume/signal strength the Stand-by/On switching works well. But at low volume/signal strength it doesn’t.

Do you have any other suggestions?

KolfMAKER
          • The Netherlands
          • Topics Started 36
          • Total Posts 209

Thanks @Auric & @Die_Bogener

I think what I will do next is switch the PCB with the LED. I have one of a working BeoLab 8000 that I can try if that makes a difference.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds