BeoLab 8000: power but no red LED ?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    KolfMAKER
    SILVER Member
      • The Netherlands

I have one BeoLab 8000 (serial 1177 xxxx) that worked perfectly until recently.

All of a sudden it did not power up any more. The red LED stays off/black, no sound coming from the speakers anymore.

Checks made:

• This BeoLab has been cleaned from old foam and visually looks perfect on the PCB and components, new foam has been installed before I got them.
      • I checked the connectivity of the traces on the PSU PCB, as I have experienced before that they have been damaged by foam rot. But these traces measure positive on continuity.
      • Instead of powering via the standard power cord and the C7 connector on the foot of the BeoLab, I removed the PSU/AMP block and connected 230v directly to the white 230v connector on the PSU PCB. When doing that I noticed that the relay makes a clicking sound, so it does power up this way.

By the way, I am not using PowerLink, my audio source is connected via the RCA in the foot.

Does anyone recognize this situation and has a recommendation?

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by KolfMAKER. Reason: Added test situation
      • This topic was modified 2 years ago by KolfMAKER. Reason: Added comment
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.