BeoLab 8000: high frequency noise disturbs switching to OFF

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions BeoLab 8000: high frequency noise disturbs switching to OFF

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    KolfMAKER
      • The Netherlands
      • Topics Started 36
      • Total Posts 209

I have an issue with one BeoLab 8000, serial# 1086xxxx

My use: I play music via the RCA input plug in the foot. (So no PowerLink use)

My issue: The BeoLab does not switch back to stand-by/Off. Instead, it switches repeatedly to Off > On > Off, …

What I noticed (both when listening close to the speaker drivers, at 1 meter distance these two matters can not be heard).

• When I play no music and keep my ear close to the speaker drivers, I can hear high frequency noise (especially at the tweeter of course).
      • When I touch the casing or the AMP/PSU metal panel, there is a slight hum increase.

What I have done

• Since this is a speaker with old foam, I had to clean the foam rot. So I have meticulously cleaned all PCB’s (incl PCB05 and 06), components and connectors.
      • I have checked for broken solder joints or PCB traces (incl. measuring continuity). Couldn’t find them but re-flowed solder joints on PCB 01/02 just to be sure.
      • Measured voltage output of Trafo T2: 2x 20 volts DC.

Questions

• What could be wrong?
      • What should I do next?
      KolfMAKER
        • The Netherlands
        • Topics Started 36
        • Total Posts 209

Update

• On > Off> On > … – When first powering up the BeoLab 8000, the auto stand-by switch works normal and switches from On to Off/stand-by after music stopped. But after some 15 minutes or so, the auto stand-by does not work normal anymore, and switches back and forth between On and Off. (Something to do with warming up?)
        • High frequency noise – I found after thoroughly cleaning the track side of PCB01/02, that the high frequency seemed to have gone. But I know noticed that sometimes it is there and then it is gone for a while and returns again.
        • Hum – The hum increase when touching the casing or AMP/PSU panel is still there
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds