Beolab 8

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Mbee
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 4
      • Total Posts 59

Successor of the Beolab 17? Seems a bit close to the Balance visually, but no idea of the size…

IMG_0451

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg————Danmark
        • Topics Started 24
        • Total Posts 1,084
        Normann
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 0
          • Total Posts 15

It looks really good! And I love it, …BUT, the price! With oak the pricing in Norway is over 70 500 NOK ! Over 6000 Euro!

I don’t know, but I am afraid they are getting way to expensive for “normal” working class people..

Millemissen
          BRONZE Member
            • Flensborg————Danmark
            • Topics Started 24
            • Total Posts 1,084

The listed pair prizes I see are 5000 € (with the regular cloth cover) and 6000 € (with the lamellas) including the table stand.

MM

Normann
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 0
              • Total Posts 15

The listed pair prizes I see are 5000 € (with the regular cloth cover) and 6000 € (with the lamellas) including the table stand. MM

I saw that, but come on! It’s a lot of money!

My dealer in Norway was speaking and waiting that the start price in will be about 40 000 NOK, but that rocket it up to nearly 55 ooo NOK.

I have owned BO products for many years now, but now I am afraid they may be opening doors to other companies for me personally now..

NQVHNWI
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 9
                • Total Posts 527

I saw that, but come on! It’s a lot of money!

I have owned BO products for many years now, but now I am afraid they may be opening doors to other companies for me personally now..

I certainly think that they are on the lower end of my price expectation. A simple lookup of say the Beolab3 will show that when introduced, it was £2200 in 2004. In todays 2023 money thats about £4300. So with the cloth fret, plus the extra tech you get in there….I would say its pretty competitive?

Where I think B&O go too far with the BL8…..is justifying a £1k premium for the wooden frets. I would also imagine the mounting options will quite expensive add-ons too?

Millemissen
                BRONZE Member
                  • Flensborg————Danmark
                  • Topics Started 24
                  • Total Posts 1,084

@Normann

I know – I too will have to dig deep into my pockets to find the money……..if I want a pair of these (for ceiling/hight speakers with my Theatre).
                  Certainly a bit more expensive than I would have guessed (compairing e.g. to a pair of the A5’s) ?
                  But still reachable for a lot – just remember the original prizes of previous smaller Beolabs.

However – apart from the prize especially for the wooden frets – I guess they are all a lot of the Beoworlders have asked for – including PL and WPL/WiSA – form factor and placement options.
                  Personally I would not need the multiroom/included sources etc functionallity. But making two versions (just a speaker and the Mozart/multiroom version) probably would not be possible saleswise.

Will be interesting to see/hear how it delievers – hopefully the SW will be finished/stable at the launch

I do not really see any alternative for me (as hight speakers etc)….except for a pair of preowned BL3’s, 17’s or maybe the BL4’s.
                  Which other company could deliever there??

MM

Mark
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 7
                    • Total Posts 144

Personally I would not need the multiroom/included sources etc functionallity. But making two versions (just a speaker and the multiroom version) probably would not be possible saleswise.

For use with just the Theatre I agree, but as long as Mozart doesn’t introduce problems over a speaker only version I will be ok with it.

My initial viewing of the speaker was a little jarring, but it is really growing on me since it can match up quite nicely with the Theatre and Beolab 18’s.  It will also be easier to place over the Beolab 17’s.  I didn’t think I would be needing it but maybe I do…

Millemissen
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Flensborg————Danmark
                      • Topics Started 24
                      • Total Posts 1,084

It seems that they will be demoed at the Cedia in Denver during the next couple of days – watch out for YT videos from there!

MM

Sandyb
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Topics Started 3
                        • Total Posts 398

They are at the lower end of what i expected price wise too.

But i guess once you include the mount price, and the absurd wood price (same as the Theatre wood?!) a pair of these will end up at close to 6K GBP, and 6.5k Euros.

Not that i need these myself, I’ll stick with my 17s as rear/surrounds.

Peter the Biker
                        GOLD Member
                          • Eastwestfalia
                          • Topics Started 0
                          • Total Posts 56

To be sure: The price tag of 5,000 € will be for one speaker?

Sandyb
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Topics Started 3
                            • Total Posts 398

No, its the price for a pair.

It’s says on the website

DR
                            BRONZE Member
                              • Topics Started 0
                              • Total Posts 4

So for the first time in many years it seems that they are abandoning Apple airplay???

Sandyb
                              BRONZE Member
                                • Topics Started 3
                                • Total Posts 398

Airplay 2 are CC are included.

Christian has confirmed it over on Discord.

The spec sheets are often incorrect pre-launch.

In his words, Balance like source specs but with PL and WISA

Mark
                                BRONZE Member
                                  • Topics Started 7
                                  • Total Posts 144

Toward the bottom when it compares the Beolab 8 with the 18 and 28, it shows Apple Airplay 2 along with Chromecast built-in.

Mark
                                  BRONZE Member
                                    • Topics Started 7
                                    • Total Posts 144

It appears that some of the press release sites are reporting the price not for the pair but individually.

T3

The Beolab 8 can be yours from £2199/€2499/$2749,

Forbes

The Bang & Olufsen Beolab 8 is available in Silver/Natural Aluminium, Gold Tone or Black Anthracite, combined with speaker covers in oak, light oak, dark oak, or fabric. Prices start from £2,199 / $2,749 / €2,499.

MrPear
                                    BRONZE Member
                                      • Topics Started 0
                                      • Total Posts 6

Super beautiful design. Would pair wonderfully with a theatre

matteventu
                                      BRONZE Member
                                        • Topics Started 0
                                        • Total Posts 85

It appears that some of the press release sites are reporting the price not for the pair but individually. T3 The Beolab 8 can be yours from £2199/€2499/$2749, Forbes The Bang & Olufsen Beolab 8 is available in Silver/Natural Aluminium, Gold Tone or Black Anthracite, combined with speaker covers in oak, light oak, dark oak, or fabric. Prices start from £2,199 / $2,749 / €2,499.

In that case, it would be serious competition for Beosound 2 as a standalone “Beosound-like” speaker.

Not as much of a design statement, but better sound and connectivity, also enabling it to be used in the future as component of a larger home theatre setup (with Mozart Beosound speakers don’t allow), and a lower price.

kuyttendaele
                                        BRONZE Member
                                          • Topics Started 0
                                          • Total Posts 23

Price is per pair.

Mark
                                          BRONZE Member
                                            • Topics Started 7
                                            • Total Posts 144

Price is per pair.

If you look at the price as reported on some of these press release sites and compare them to the B&O site, the price on B&O is doubled.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 86 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.