Beolab 7.x vs 6000

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Beolab 7.x vs 6000

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    LukeS
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 4
      • Total Posts 28

Apologies- Bristol’s was an autocorrect- it should have said BeoWorld!

Trace
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 3

Hi legends,

Having grown up with an 80’s B&O stereo system I want to get back in with a TV/music setup.

I’m looking at either a Beolab 7.x sound bar or the 6000 speakers.

Can anyone give a sound comparison between the two? I realise their clearly different form functions but both would look really good in the space. maybe I should plan to get both…?

They will prominently be used for movies but I will add a Bluetooth Module so we can listen to music.

If I go with the 7.x which is the one to get, 7.1 7.2 or 7.6? I can’t find anywhere online which actually lists the specs of each model for comparison or when they where released.

Cheers,

Millemissen
        BRONZE Member
          • Flensborg————Danmark
          • Topics Started 21
          • Total Posts 1,043

I understand that you want to get the sound from a tv – but how do you plan to connect those Beolabs?

MM

Trace
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 1
            • Total Posts 3

I understand that you want to get the sound from a tv – but how do you plan to connect those Beolabs? MM

For now I am just interested in peoples opinions between 7.x and the 6000 and which of the 7.x is the one to get.

LukeS
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 4
              • Total Posts 28

The 6000 was primarily designed as a surround speaker I believe, but it does sound surprisingly nice. For music I’d say the 4000 is a better option.

in terms of the 7.x series there is a fair bit of variation between the upright 7.4 which is a mono centre channel speaker designed primarily for handling voices/speech (a bit tinny for music without some serious eq fiddling) and the stereo 7.1, 7.2, and 7.6. These are very powerful and sound good for music and tv (I’d take the 7.2 over the 6000s). the 7.1, 7.2 and 7.6 basically are bigger versions of the same basic design and you can find specs on the BeoWolrd site I believe.

I own the 4000, 6000, 7.2 and 7.4 and like them all, although I think they probably serve different functions…

Trace
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 1
                • Total Posts 3

Great information, thanks @LukeS. What is the ‘Bristol’s site’? Google search yields no results. I would even settle for separate sites with the specs for the 7.x can anyone link to the specs for the 7.6?

Cheers,

Millemissen
                BRONZE Member
                  • Flensborg————Danmark
                  • Topics Started 21
                  • Total Posts 1,043

Specs aside – maybe these two videos from Steve@SoundsHeavenly can help.

MM

Millemissen
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Flensborg————Danmark
                    • Topics Started 21
                    • Total Posts 1,043

Google search yields no results.

Here they are:

IMG_0730
                    MM

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Beolab 7.x vs 6000

• You must be logged in to create new topics.