Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Beolab 6000 Mk1 –> Line in mode never goes on standby

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sprockett
    BRONZE Member

Hi all,

After ogling on youtube days, I just got my FIRST B&O product!

It is a Beolab 6000. I got it at a pretty good price, expecting I would need to fix it up a little bit.

One big issue right now is that it NEVER goes to standby when in LINE mode:

– Switching to LINE mode, the speaker immediately turns ON (light green), even with no line-in cable connected to it. And it remains on forever.
      – Connecting an actual rca in, and playing music works, just that it never goes to standby

What would be the easiest best way to diagnose / fix this? I have some basic electrical DIY tools (soldering station, voltmeter) but that’s about it!

I really don’t want to send it in for repair (which may cost more than what I paid for it).

Thanks in advance 🙂

sprockett
      BRONZE Member

Problem solved –> user error due to inexperience,

For benefit of others:

• Unterminated line-in WILL give hum / buzz –> this prevents speaker from going on autostandby.
        • Poor quality line-in (eg. mini jack to RCA) connected to crappy source (eg. laptop) WILL give hum / buzz as well.
        • Connecting a decent rca plug to a decent pre-amp got things working well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.