Beolab 50 feature request… (Geoff 🙏🏻)

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beolab 50 feature request… (Geoff 🙏🏻)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MarioA
      • Topics Started 15
      • Total Posts 31

I have a streamer directly connected to the BL50 via digital coax, which I prefer when listening to music. But sometimes the speakers startle us! This happens when I change from wide to narrow mode, for example, or when I change input, all while music is playing via digital Coax input. The speakers reset the volume to max automatically when I make those changes and whoever is around me will know how loud these speakers can get!

I know it can be avoided if I remember to pause the music before performing any operation via the app (if I remember!). I also understand that I have this issue because my BL50s are not integrated into a B&O ecosystem, at least not yet.
      But I hope that Geoff is reading this and opens his heart more (I see how generous he is with his appearances at the forum). It would greatly help if B&O could add a new feature via update, to allow users to individually set their desired maximum volume for each input. For example, I would love to set the maximum volume for the analog RCA input to 90 and simultaneously be able to set the maximum volume for the digital COAX input to 45.

I’m thoroughly enjoying the speakers immensely and I’m so grateful to B&O, particularly Geoff, for their creations. This feature request would make the BL50 even more amazing to me.

Thank you.

MarioA
        • Topics Started 15
        • Total Posts 31

I’m the one who should be apologizing and so… my apologies once again for not explaining myself properly. I don’t think I articulated it correctly earlier, so let me recap, hopefully with more clarity:

My BL50 speakers are connected to a third-party audio processor for surround sound, along with other speakers, via an RCA analog input. Since I need to control the volume of all the speakers simultaneously, I must do it through the audio processor. Consequently, I need to set the default starting volume on the BL50s to a value of 90 (maximum). However, when I play audio from a different input source, a digital streamer/transporter connected via SPDIF, the default starting volume remains at 90 (maximum). I wish I had the option to customize that value, for instance, to set it to 40. This customization is crucial because when I switch from RCA to SPDIF, I must ensure that: 1) there is no audio playing from the source already; 2) I remember to lower the volume before hitting play to avoid a sudden blast of sound from the powerful speakers. Additionally, there are instances in which, when playing via SPDIF, the volume resets to its default starting value of 90. This occurs when I change the source input and, in some cases, when I switch from wide to narrow mode (it only happens the first time in a session, which appears to be a software bug).

My main point is that if I could set different default starting volumes for each input, it would significantly improve the transition between RCA and SPDIF in my system.

Thank you so much for your kind replies.

MarioA
          • Topics Started 15
          • Total Posts 31

I once owned a pair of self-contained (i.e. including DAC and preamp) active speakers, the AVI ADM40. They didn’t have a pre-set default for each input as such but the volume was adjusted and remembered independently for each input. At first it took me a bit by surprise and I thought it was odd, but it didn’t take me long to realise that it is actually an incredibly helpful feature, with absolutely no down-side that I found in 7+ years of ownership.

Indeed, that would work splendidly too if implemented by B&O!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds