Beolab 5. When you need help with your ICE module

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beolab 5. When you need help with your ICE module

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Beobuddy
    GOLD Member
      • Topics Started 4
      • Total Posts 66

When you think that you’re having a faulty ICE module(s) in your chassis and as they aren’t available anymore (except for extremely high prices), I’ve made the effort to get them most reliable working order again.

I’ve spent some considerable amount of time (and means) lately to fix ICE power amplifier modules from the Beolab 5 and Beolab 2. Made a test environment to measure and test the modules thorougly.

Throughout the past years I’ve collected these modules and fixed lots of them and noticed that the culpritt can be on different places on the board. So I decided to fix a pile of modules and marked and made notes of each module. That way I’ve collected notes over 60 modules with at least 15 positions they can fail and got a pretty clear view which components fails the most and some less.

This way every module can be reliable fixed when changing every possible weak component.

Keep in mind that a Beolab 5 (just as every other electronic product) can fail on more different internal parts, but with the knowledge that they can be repaired, my personal resistance to buy a set secondlife decreases significant.

So, if you’re considering a pair of BL5’s. Just do it.

After all, they sound amazing and have an unique appearance.

Hyponx
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 0
        • Total Posts 9

Beobuddy this is an awesome post. It’s fantastic to see repairs at this level for Beolab speakers in general.

I have dreamed of buying a pair of Beolab 5 personally but have worried about the issue of repairing the chassis. This adds considerably to my confidence in proceeding.

Assuming you offer repair services do you have a website/contact info and wherebout are you located in the world?

Cheers,

Hyponx

Hyponx
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 0
          • Total Posts 9

Beobuddy this is an awesome post. It’s fantastic to see repairs at this level for Beolab speakers in general.

I have dreamed of buying a pair of Beolab 5 personally but have worried about the issue of repairing the chassis. This adds considerably to my confidence in proceeding.

Assuming you offer repair services do you have a website/contact info and wherebout are you located in the world?

Cheers,

Hyponx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.