Beolab 4000 switches on automatically

Home Forums The Workbench Beolab 4000 switches on automatically

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    EliasK
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 4

Hello, I have an issue with one of my Beolab 4000 speakers. They are from 2005 so they do NOT have the foam rot problem. One of the speakers switches from standby to on and back to standby frequently when not in use. this problem occurs even when I swap the RCA cable and the I unplug the RCA (Line) cable from the speaker. So to be clear the speaker is hanging on the wall, the only cable going in is the power (electricity) cable, it is on standby and then, every few minutes it quickly switches back and forth, about one to three times. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Keith Saunders
      BRONZE Member
        • Hampshire, England
        • Topics Started 28
        • Total Posts 149

They are from 2005 so they do NOT have the foam rot problem.

Are you sure?

Have you taken the speaker down and looked inside. The symptoms you have described are not uncommon and I think you need to open the speakers up to be sure.

EliasK
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 4

Yes, here’s a photo, Is just opened them again.IMG_1752-scaled

Keith Saunders
          BRONZE Member
            • Hampshire, England
            • Topics Started 28
            • Total Posts 149

Well, that certainly looks very clean, perhaps even new form?

What is the 4 digit type number of your Beolab 4000?

EliasK
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 1
              • Total Posts 4

No I don’t think so. I just bought these used from a very friendly guy, he said he had them checked once because he was worried about the foam but was told they’re fine. He said he has never had trouble with them and this problem hadn’t happened. He even inquired at a B&O dealer about the foam when I noticed this and asked him about it, he said the dealer said that the foam problem was resolved in 2005.

It’s a bit strange because the problem doesn’t occur rhythmically or at certain intervals or times. It’ll switch back and forth a few times and then stay in standby for a while again…IMG_1753-scaled

Keith Saunders
              BRONZE Member
                • Hampshire, England
                • Topics Started 28
                • Total Posts 149

Before going into possible circuit problems, lets look at the simple things first.

Is it possible that the switch is set to “left” or “right” rather than “line”?

EliasK
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 1
                  • Total Posts 4

OK, thank you. No, it’s set to “line”. It has been since I got them almost 2 weeks ago. I’ve been using them for more than a week now, it took a couple days to get the wall mounts screwed in correctly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.