Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beolab 4000 Stands. Disassembly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    h1npw
    FOUNDER Member

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to separate the poles from the bases?? One would have thought they would just unscrew but I can’t budge them!

Cheers

Nigel

Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK

I have the same problem!  I have definitely read somewhere on Beoworld that they unscrew but can’t find the reference; I think it was mentioned by Lee (former site owner).  I have tried several times (every house move) but cannot get them apart.  Maybe WD40, or application of cold/heat, or percussive shock???  Good luck!!

billbriscoe
        GOLD Member

Hi,

I just unpacked my set from the original B&O packaging and I can confirm that the poles are simply screwed into the bases.  As Guy suggests, WD40 (overnight) might help.

Bill

h1npw
          FOUNDER Member

Thanks both for your replies

Bill – they’re not left hand threads are they?

billbriscoe
            GOLD Member

No they are not, they screw in clockwise (right hand) and screw out counterclockwise (left hand).

The aluminum poles are threaded and screw into the threaded iron base.  WD40 for a few days may be necessary to remove them without damaging the aluminum threads.  I would apply from both the top and bottom.  As Guy mentioned, heat may help (applied to the iron base from the bottom).

Take your time and let the WD40 do a lot of the work so you don’t damaged the aluminum threads.  Applying some type of anti-seize thread compound would be a good idea when re-assembling.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.