Beolab 3500, Powerlink and Wireless 1…

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    matador
      • Paris France
      • Topics Started 48
      • Total Posts 689

Hi alls and especially Link products gurus,

I’ve read in different topics that the DIN in MK2 BL3500 is now a powerlink-called socket meant to use with wireless 1 receiver. How is that the wireless 1 can (is supposed to) drive the speaker by powerlink and not any other Beosound ? Also the user manual says connection between receiver and speaker is by mean of Masterlink as opposed to what i’ve read in some threads that talks about powerlink.

I’ve tried with a fully wired 8 pin Powerlink cable (that works to trigger a Beolink passive) but of course it don’t work.

All this is also to be related to a post I’ve found where the poster talks about using a BL3500 standalone with an 5V USB power supply to trigger the speaker. But I wonder if he’s not confusing BL3500 with BL7.1.

The Idea is of course to start the speaker without the cumbersome service mode sequence.

There is a thread about this on the old forum but the conclusion is not clear.

Any insight welcome, thank you.

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg/Danmark
        • Topics Started 27
        • Total Posts 806

Get a Beolink 1611 Converter…..and you are good to go.

MM

matador
          • Paris France
          • Topics Started 48
          • Total Posts 689

Thanks MM.

I know that one but i’d like to understand how these speaker works.

But while we’re at this, you remind me a question I forgot to ask:
          Will ant 1611 works? I think I remember vaguely they were serial number or SW version limitation, no?

matador
            • Paris France
            • Topics Started 48
            • Total Posts 689

matador wrote:
            Another lead here Beolab 3500 Standalone

So, I contacted that member Curious-dreamer and he was very kind to give all the details of its setup and answer my questions, Thank you Curious Dreamer!

So, That’s indeed a Beolab 3500 and it is used as a standalone like an usual Beolab speaker.
            The 3500 is triggered by an external 5v signal coming thru the Din plug. I asked him if that was enough or if another trick was needed. The special Cable was enough and he don’t even have a remote so no cumbersome key sequence here.

I did a cable similar to is: L+R as usual and 5v on pin 1 grounded to pin 7.
            And… It did not work! The audio part is good, tested in PL mode, and the power part do work and trigger correctly a Beolink Passive.

This do work on its Beolab 3500 but not on mine.
            Its is a type 1601 with serial 116xxx and S.W 1.1
            Mine is a type 1601 with serial 194xxx and S.W 3.1

Maybe the problem lies here in the S.W version or maybe I should use pin 4 instead of pin 1 to trigger the speaker? But it’s well known and repeated again and again that the 3500 can’t be used as an usual Beolab. And if it was pin 4, any Powerlink cable should have triggered the speaker right ?

The quest continues…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds