Beolab 3 repair

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    beosince
      • Topics Started 5
      • Total Posts 25

Happy new year fellow beoworlders!

A few of my Beolab 3 are in need of repair (orange or no lamp). Can you recommend anyone who repairs Beolab 3? Preferably on mainland Europe. As always thank you for your help 🙂

KolfMAKER
        • The Netherlands
        • Topics Started 36
        • Total Posts 209

In which country & city are you located?

beosince
          • Topics Started 5
          • Total Posts 25

I am located in Germany, close to Munich. I would obviously be willing to ship them out for repair, even just the PCBs.

KolfMAKER
            • The Netherlands
            • Topics Started 36
            • Total Posts 209

Let’s see if we can interest people reading this thread, to offer repair to you. So let’s get some description about what is wrong.

Can you describe a little bit more what is wrong?

beosince
              • Topics Started 5
              • Total Posts 25

I have one MK1 Beolab 3 which does not show any light when plugged in and it does not work. The other one (MK2) worked for quite some time and shower an orange light from time to time, which went away when unplugged for a few minutes. However, not the light is constantly orange and the beolab does not work.

beosince
                • Topics Started 5
                • Total Posts 25

Does anyone have experience with repairing Beolab 3 or can recommend someone?

Loudspeaker
                  • Topics Started 1
                  • Total Posts 8

There’s a guy in Denmark offering a repair service for IcePower-equipped speakers. You can find his website here: https://www.juhltec.dk/

The list price for the repair of a BeoLab 3 is 1620 DKK which equals to 216€ including VAT.

I don’t have any personal experience with him, but he is often referred to in different Bang & Olufsen groups on Facebook when it comes to IcePower-related problems.

If you have the courage to do some troubleshooting yourself, you could try swapping the modules between the working and faulty speakers to find the faulty module. But be aware of the risk of damaging the working modules! It shouldn’t be done without inspecting the modules for obvious signs of damage beforehand. And it is essential to take precautionary measures to prevent electrostatic discharge.

If the IcePower-modules are faulty, it would probably be cheaper to buy a BeoLab 7-1 or 7-2. They are equipped with three of the same IcePower modules you’ll find in one BeoLab 3. There are different versions/revisions of the module and I’m not sure if all of them are interchangeable, but I have three BeoLab 3s with faulty IcePower modules myself and have succesfully used a verD module in place of verE for troubleshooting.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds