Beolab 28 set up

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vivekmohan83
    BRONZE Member

Hi, I am trying to set up a home theater/ surround system set up for my living room (25*20 ft).. I have a 83 inch LG C2 TV

my consultant is recommending
      1. Beolab 28

2. B&O Almando multiplayer switch (to connect to the LG TV)

3. B&O Lab 19 sub woofer

4. B&O Beoamp 2 (for connecting surround speakers)

5. B&O BOC82 in ceiling speakers

Does this seem like an overkill? Given the Beolab 28 is an active speaker with built in woofers so I really need a sub woofer and ceiling speakers.

Also is Almando the best route to connect Beolab 28 to the LG TV?

Thanks

vivekmohan83
      BRONZE Member

Bumping this up. Need to finalise this weekend. Please help

Mr10Percent
        BRONZE Member

Hi,

I think you are in a territory not many Beoworlder have wide experience of. i.e the combination non-B&O TV with current SOTA actives loudspeakers, and passives with separate amplification.

Some of my points…

1. Subwoofer. Can add this later. If you are pre-wiring in a build, wire in for a sub.

2. We suspect that B&O will release a new sound bar in September. It is suspected that it may be a Beovision Eclipse sound bar of sorts with pluggable external loudspeakers and 5.1 processing. If true, this would simplify your whole home theatre approach…..

Sandyb
          BRONZE Member

Yes, as below.

I’d definitely wait as the Beosound Theatre is very close to release – a centre speaker / sound bar with all the surround AV processing built in. It will integrate with your LG and allow you to use the B&O remote.

Also, the BL28’s have such absurdly strong bass that a BL19 sub is completely unnecessary – many 28’s users have had to dial down its bass in the out of the box settings!.

As for your surrounds, etc – that’s all fine and do whatever you need, governed by room configuration / budget etc etc.

You can see a picture (which was leaked by B&O) of the upcoming Theatre on the B&O (not official) Discord server, under the BeoSound subject / thread.

checkler
            BRONZE Member

Definitely with you on overkill with the BL19. The 28’s deliver amazing bass. AND I would definitley wait until the release of the new B&O sound bar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.