Beolab 18 WIRELESSLY through Sonos Port?

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Beolab 18 WIRELESSLY through Sonos Port?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sorenfelden
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 5
      • Total Posts 8

My dream setup would be a LG OLED on a Stage, paired wirelessly with Beolab 18 plus a subwoofer. I understand that’s impossible, so hopefully the following scenario would be possible:

LG OLED, controlled with Beoremote, Sonos soundbar, Beolab 18s wirelessly and a Sonos subwoofer:

1. The LG OLED can indeed be controlled with a Beoremote, even without a Stage. Just need a little specially designed box that converts signals from B&O, sold by a B&O dealer in Frederikshavn: https://lbs-b-o.dk/produkter/beoone-bt-multi-til-ir
      2. I assume the Sonos soundbar and subwoofer(s) (you can actually add two for extra bass) will integrate seamlessly with LG TV.
      3. So, I guess, where do the Beolab 18s fit into the equation? Can they connect wirelessly to the Sonos through a Sonos Port connected to a Beoconnect Core?

I’m not particularly brilliant in setting up complex systems. Would I need something bordering an engineering degree to set up the above, if at all possible?

trackbeo
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 7
        • Total Posts 248

“So, I guess, where do the Beolab 18s fit into the equation? Can they connect wirelessly to the Sonos through a Sonos Port connected to a Beoconnect Core?”

Nope, for a Sonos reason: When the sound bar transmits audio to “its own paired” speakers (e.g. Sonos Sub), it does so via a proprietary 5GHz signal direct to them, so all is in sync.  But transmitting to the rest of the house is done with a pretty large delay, thru their regular multi-room protocol.  Thus the Port (or any other Sonos speakers not dedicated to their soundbar, which, by the way, a Port *cannot* be) would play way behind the TV sound.

Maybe try a B&O Transmitter 1 with a direct connection to the TV?  I have no knowledge, whether the HDMI w/Sonos soundbar can also allow, say, headphone listening thru an analog connector.  Pretty sure HDMI e-ARC prevents the use of TOSlink optical out inside the TV itself, but ask an expert instead of me.  There still may be sync problems even if this works, because the Sonos soundbar still has *some* bit of delay which a different output direct to the 18s might not have.  But that at least is worth asking the dealer of {TV&Sonos&B&O}.

Vedet
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 4
          • Total Posts 47
          1. LG OLED действительно можно управлять с помощью Beoremote, даже без каскада. Просто нужна небольшая специально разработанная коробка для преобразования сигналов от B & O, продаваемая дилером B & O во Фредериксхавне: https://lbs-b-o.dk/produkter/beoone-bt-multi-til-ir

Good afternoon! And what is the correct full name of this converter for BR One, which allows you to control LG TV, so that it can be ordered in another country and which connectors you need to connect it to the TV, or is the connection wireless with the TV itself? It is clear that the connection with the remote control is wireless.

Millemissen
          BRONZE Member
            • Flensborg————Danmark
            • Topics Started 21
            • Total Posts 1,045

Since I understand danish and have watched the video, I can tell you that there is no explanation whatsoever how this products works.
            It is merely mentioned, that it converts BT to IR.
            There is very little told or shown about what is possible with this box, how it is connected etc etc.

As far as I know the named dealer in DK is the only source.

By the way LBS-BO in Frederikshavn is not an official Bang & Olufsen dealer.

MM

Millemissen
            BRONZE Member
              • Flensborg————Danmark
              • Topics Started 21
              • Total Posts 1,045

For me, it’s quite easy – I will buy the Beolab 18+19 if it works with a non-B&O-TV, otherwise I simply won’t buy B&O at all, and B&O just lost EUR 15,000 of turnover on me alone.

The easiest way to do this is to use this box
              A solution that has been available for a while now…
              …and definately works.
              However you’d need a B&O Transmitter 1, if you want to connect wirelessly to the 18/19.

MM

sorenfelden
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 5
                • Total Posts 8

To my knowledge, the box that converts Beoremote signals readable by the LG OLED is developed by the firm that sells it, not by B&O. As far as I can tell, it is a stand-alone box that simply converts (“translates”) signals, i.e. there are no connections as such except a power connection.

Moreover, according to its website, the company also produces boxes which enables connecting non-B&O TVs wirelessly to Beolab speakers, including in a surround sound set-up. Very exciting – hope the B&O “ecosystem” shows more entrepreneurial spirit like that to address what is B&O’s biggest akillesheal, lack of compatibility with other brands.

Vedet
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 4
                  • Total Posts 47

Более того, согласно ее веб-сайту, компания также производит боксы, которые позволяют подключать телевизоры не B & O по беспроводной сети к динамикам Beolab, в том числе для настройки объемного звучания. Очень интересно – надеюсь, что “экосистема” B & O проявит больше предпринимательского духа, чтобы решить самую серьезную проблему B & O – отсутствие совместимости с другими брендами.

It’s really very interesting! Thank you for your information. Regarding the boxes for wireless connection of BeoLab to TV of other brands, could you provide a link to this equipment? I wonder if it is possible to use it, for example, with the BL 8002? I would be extremely grateful to you.

sorenfelden
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 5
                    • Total Posts 8

Hi. Unfortunately, I don’t know more about this solution than is stated on the website I linked to above and from speaking to the store last week. You would need to call or e-mail them to find out more.

But yes indeed, they seem to provide the “missing link”. I sense a lot of people, at least amongst my group of friends, would love to buy B&O but are put off when it doesn’t integrate with other brands. For me, it’s quite easy – I will buy the Beolab 18+19 if it works with a non-B&O-TV, otherwise I simply won’t buy B&O at all, and B&O just lost EUR 15,000 of turnover on me alone.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Beolab 18 WIRELESSLY through Sonos Port?

• You must be logged in to create new topics.