Beolab 18 + Beolab 19 setup using Beosound Core

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beolab 18 + Beolab 19 setup using Beosound Core

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul Jordan
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 4
      • Total Posts 9

Hi Beoworld,

I have a question about a simple setup which I wonder if its possible or not.
      Could I connect 2x Beolab 18 and 1x Beolab 19 to Beosound Core without using Transmitter 1?

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg————Danmark
        • Topics Started 21
        • Total Posts 1,045

IMG_0876

Study this and/or this in order to get a well balanced sound in the room.

MM

DT79
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 5
          • Total Posts 56
          I was lurking with interest, waiting for a reply to this…
          I find the diagram below ambiguous (as with many of B&Os user manual diagrams). It does appear to suggest that you can daisy chain PL connections from one BL18 to the next and on the BL19, but nowhere does it state that as far as I can see.

IMG_0876 Study this and/or this in order to get a well balanced sound in the room. MM

Paul Jordan
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 4
            • Total Posts 9

Thank you all for the quick reply!

As far as I get it, I should connect Beosound Core > via PowerLink > BL18 [1] > via PowerLink > BL18 [2] > via PowerLink > BL19.

And if I’d like to have them all wireless connected by WiSA I should get a Transmitter 1 in the setup.

Curly
            GOLD Member
              • Topics Started 7
              • Total Posts 59

This is possible but there will be no bass management in terms of crossover frequency. Both speakers will play full range. You’ll have to manually adjust the BL19 to get it to “meld” nicely with the 18s.

DT79
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 5
                • Total Posts 56
                That’s true of daisy-chaining via Powerlink, but if you use a Transmitter 1, that does include bass management, right?
                I really wish B&O would release a new ‘Core; which is Wisa enabled itself, includes bass management like the Transmitter 1, has a wider range of inputs and also has the Active Room Compensation built in. Although they’d probably charge about £10K for it knowing them! I know there are ways of achieving the same through 3rd party kit (I’ve got it), but it’s crying out for one elegant device within the B&O ecosystem.

This is possible but there will be no bass management in terms of crossover frequency. Both speakers will play full range. You’ll have to manually adjust the BL19 to get it to “meld” nicely with the 18s.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beolab 18 + Beolab 19 setup using Beosound Core

• You must be logged in to create new topics.