beogram to a besosystem 3

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gebi
    BRONZE Member

Hi,

just got an BV9 with BS3. Currently, two beolab 6000 are connected.

I want to connect a beogram 8002 (or 7000) to the BS3/BV9. As the BS3 only has a Master-link connector (I guess) I will need a converter from the 7pin Aux link cable to ML.

There are some converters available, but beyond my knowledge what is necessary and if this is possible?

PS: In the past, this beogram was connected to a beocenter 2500 with an external RIAA amp and data-link connection (selfmade cables). Was really cool to control a beogram with the remote ;-

Madskp
      GOLD Member
        • Denmark

If you don’t want a Beomaster/Beosound in the mix you can probably achive it with the combination of the 1611 Beolink Converter and the MCL2AV as described in this lengthy thread https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/topic/beolab-3500-and-1611-converter-settings/page/12/#post-15630

Only downside I see is you have to use the CD command to control it, and make a special cable between the Beogram and the MCL2AV if the Beogram is without RIAA, but it sounds like you do have some experience in adapter cables

Let me know if you need further inputs

gebi
        BRONZE Member

Thanks for the fast reply. Yes, for an integrated experience from the BS3 to a beogram, a beomaster will be necessary.

Still interesting is the beosound/master 5, but this has no Aux input – right? Read somewhere a USB DAC is needed, but then I will not have a datalink connection to the beogram…OR is there another way?

IMHO, the simplest and cheapest solution would be something like the beosound overture (although I do not need CD and FM radio….)

Madskp
          GOLD Member
            • Denmark

I agree the Beosound overture would be the simplest solution setup vise and control vise.

But as alternative with phono commands from the remotecontrol you could also use the Beolink converter 1611 and something like a Beomaster 3500, 4500, 6500 or 7000 (none of these as built in RIAA) or a Beomaster 5500 with built in RIAA, but the you would need a Beogran without RIAA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.