Beogram rx question

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions Vintage Products Beogram rx question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hunchbacker
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 8
      • Total Posts 27

IMG_3301

I was lucky enough to  pickup this gem today at the GW. (Not to be confused with the rx2)

I tested it before buying and all mechanics worked. It had an mmc4 cart but without any way to test it I took a chance.

So I got it hooked up to my main system. Hit 33 and crossed my fingers! The sound was excellent. Crispy and warm.

Heres the question. When the tone arm drops, for a second there is a scratchy sound, then the needle, as if finding the groove and settling in, sounds flawless. The same happens when the TA lifts. Am guessing the TA may need an adjustment or a belt? Anyone worked on this particular model?

Thanks,

Mark-sf
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 0
        • Total Posts 259

It may be that the mute switch needs cleaning. If you try cleaning the stylus when it is at rest and hear anything then the mute switch is not making good contact.

Hunchbacker
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 8
          • Total Posts 27

When I clean it I don’t hear anything. My other turntables do make a noice when I brush them.

Maybe a manual will offer a clue. I think I read the 1700 manual is very similar. Have not looked deeply yet for the rx manual but will tomorrow.

Hunchbacker
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 8
            • Total Posts 27

When I clean it I don’t hear anything. My other turntables do make a noice when I brush them.

Maybe a manual will offer a clue. I think I read the 1700 manual is very similar. Have not looked deeply yet for the rx manual but will tomorrow.

mexking
            BRONZE Member
              • Mexico city
              • Topics Started 1
              • Total Posts 51

Check that the TA is not moving laterally  at set down and lift of, I had that on one of my decks, dont remember which one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions Vintage Products Beogram rx question

• You must be logged in to create new topics.