Beogram CD5500. Tracking issues after several tracks

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Beogram CD5500. Tracking issues after several tracks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Beobuddy
    GOLD Member
      • Topics Started 4
      • Total Posts 74

Hi all to this new forum,

I have an issue with a CD5500.
      After replacing all the capacitors, cleaning flatcables between the optical CDM4/13 drive and decoderboard, resoldering etc, the CD5500 looses track and produces loud ticks in the music.
      At the beginning the CD5500 reads the TOC within 2-3 seconds, plays the first tracks without problems. Proceding the steps through servicemode 1-4 can be done without a problem.

But, during playback of a CD, skipping from the first track to a few tracks further becomes  more of a problem, almost  impossible.

I’ve measured the focus offset and laser current. Focus is around the 350mV in the “2” mode of the servicemode. Adjusting that to 400mV doesn’t solve the issue.

The laser current lies around the 42-43mV during playback and jumps a bit higher around the 50-55mV when skipping to the next track. So, that looks reasonable normal behaviour.

But when tracks passes, I can see the it gets problems to focus correctly and the laser current is starting to show more spikes towards the 55mV to try to focus.

My guess is that  the RAFOC itself has a misalignment or something like that. The servicemanual states that the alignment can be adjusted.
      Has anyone done that before? Or might there be another cause for this behaviour?

To aligne the RAFOC you need a glass disc with markings on it. Anyone who has this and willing to show? Can one make such disc by yourself?

Thank for any suggestions,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Beogram CD5500. Tracking issues after several tracks

• You must be logged in to create new topics.