Beogram CD 5500 no left channel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alpinab7
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 2

I acquired a 5500 system in order to get the speakers that were part of the system. I have been going through the pieces to get them working right and clean them up. Currently, the CD 5500 has no left channel. When I use the 5 pin DIN cord or a DIN to RCA there is no left channel. The left RCA jack on the back of the CD player was loose and when I tried to pull the RCA cord out the jack ripped out of the PCB. I am sourcing some new ones but it would seem that only two of the four prongs on the RCA jack (the center ring and the outer ring) need to be attached to the PCB so I don’t believe that is the issue. Does anyone have any other suggestions of where I might look to revive that left channel?

pepps
        • Kent, UK
        • Topics Started 26
        • Total Posts 127

Hi,

Did yu have any luck with your repair? I was wondering, if you were using the BM5500 to test the sound of the components perhaps it’s something to do with the CD input on the BM? Always worthwhile to try different sockets to rule out something unexpected.

Julian

Alpinab7
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 2

Yes. After I posted this I tried the CD player by patching the cord to AUX. still no left channel. So with the DIN cable, the RCA cables and the cable to AUX there is no left channel. I have the board out with the output jacks on it. The RCA Jack for the left is broken. I’m going to try to fix that first before moving on.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds