BeoGram 9500 Tone Arm Dropping

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram BeoGram 9500 Tone Arm Dropping

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nayf
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 3

Hi all! New here!

I recently got a BeoCentre 9500 with a BeoGram 9500 and all works perfectly, except the tone arm on the BeoGram doesn’t full drop into the record groove.

If I give it a little gentle tap, it will seat into the groove and play fine. However ideally I would like the tone arm to drop the full distance it’s supposed to, as recently I was a little heavy handed and I now have a new MMC4 cartridge on it’s way to me…

I have slide the tracking force slide all the way to either side of the tone arm, doesn’t seem to help

Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated!

Beofile7
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 5
        • Total Posts 12

Common fault. ALL Beograms of that era have or will suffer. One end of the rigging which controls the tonearm movement sits under tension on a plastic post and eventually breaks the post. Glueing back will not last. The solution is to replace the post with a self tapping screw. Getting the rigging back together correctly will fray your nerves! Check out videos on YT showing clearly what is involved. It can be done, I did mine but it is a frustrating job. Good luck.

Nayf
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 2
          • Total Posts 3

Hi guys

Thank you all for your help. As Rolf2 suggested, the new cartridge along with me wobbling the tone arm about to get it on has fixed the issue. However I fear the problems Beofile7 has mentioned may come to bite me in the bum in the future, so it’s good reference for others moving forwards.

Thank you all for your input, if I come up with any more problems I’ll be sure to get back in touch.

Nath

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.