Beogram 8000 or 8002

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    antlestxp
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 10

I currently own an 8000 and 8002 in similar condition. Both have gone through the same restoration process. The 8000 now has the 8002 main board and cpu (I wanted the repeat indicator). The 8000 has a MMC20CL and the 8002 has a mmc1 (both sound similar to me).

If you only wanted to keep one, what table would you keep?

I kinda like the look of the raised rib platter on the 8000 over the printed platter of the 8002. But I also have a TX2 and RX2. So all of my carts are interchangeable with the 8002. I definitely only need 1 of them. Can’t for the life of me decide between the 2. Is one table better than the other?

Mark-sf
        • Topics Started 0
        • Total Posts 258

I’m not a big fan of the ribbed record support system of the 8000 and earlier tables. Additionally, since your other cartridges are interchangeable with the 8002, that is the one I would keep.

antlestxp
          • Topics Started 2
          • Total Posts 10

I am leaning that way. The sensor arm on the 8002 looks nicer too. The left and right arrows actually do something. Was there an issue with the original ribbed design? I don’t notice any performance difference between the two. Seems to have less static than the newer platter.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds