Beogram 7000 leest geen cd’s

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Remmel
    BRONZE Member

Mijn Beogram 7000 leest geen cd’s meer(zoekt wel maar ‘ziet’ m blijkbaar niet), heeft iemand een idee wat de oorzaak zou kunnen zijn, kan ik dit zelf oplossen, ben redelijk handig.

kirin
      BRONZE Member

Hello Remmel, sorry I have to answer in English:

In the old new forum there were many discussions on an issue with a faulty capacitor on the servo PCB. I had similar issue like you with a 6500 Beogram CD. I could figure out that it might be that because the CD player worked with CDs containing only few tracks, and when it was warm, also with CDs which failed when being cold (just plugged in).

It was then quite easy to order this cap, dismantle 6500, and solder the new cap into it. Worked perfectly again afterwards.

Maybe you can find a similar post in the Archived Forum.

In the next days I could search for type and brand and location of that capacitor

Regards, K

Dillen

Here.

Martin

Remmel
          BRONZE Member

Martin thanks, I will have a look at that.

Remmel
            BRONZE Member

I’v misjudged the failure after I opened the player, and had a look.

What’s happening; the disk motor will not start to turn every time I’am press play.

When I help the motor a little bit it go’s. Sometimes it starts by it self, but most of the times not, equal with or without cd.

When it runs, it reads the disk perfectly!

Q: Is this also a matter of a capacitor(set)?

Regards, Raymond

kirin
              BRONZE Member

Hello Remmel, this is indeed different from my Beo6500-CD-situation, where the motor always did spin up but could not get the tracks accordingly. So, in my case the repair was luckily quite straight forward in exchanging the one mentioned cap. (I have some left, btw…)

Maybe Martin can judge this. The linked Cap Kit seems to be a good approach, anyway.

Regards, K

Remmel
                BRONZE Member

Hello Martin,

I’ve ordered  the complete capacitor set, and noticed that the capacitors on the small board are previously replaced.  Now I’am wondering if the big board have anything to do with the functioning of te diskmotor? With other words, will it help to replace those capacitors to make the diskmotor start up by itself?

I hope you will can help me out with this?

Regards, Raymond

Die_Bogener
                  BRONZE Member

Defect caps are one problem. But there are more, not just caps…

Look for bad/broken solder joints, especially near connectors/wires.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Die_Bogener.
                    kronzilla
                    BRONZE Member

Ik ga eerlijk zijn, de laser kan je niet zelf afregelen. Het is delicaat. Ik heb een cd5500 laten afregelen door een firma die b&o vanaf 1975 kan herstellen. Gewone dealers kunnen het gewoon nietmeer omdat ze niet meer de kennis of apparatuur hebben. In het slechtste geval moet er een nieuw loopwerk in.

ik zou eens zien of de motor goed loopt zonder cd. De motor is van het type Hall (borstelloos dus) en als je in de service manual kinkt zie je dat er geen elco’s op die print zitten. De waarde vermeld in de manual voor de servo board moeten wel exact dezelfde waarde hebben.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.