Beogram 6500 gets stuck after a while

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Beogram 6500 gets stuck after a while

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Storck
      • Topics Started 4
      • Total Posts 6

Hi!

I got a full Beosystem 6500 setup from my uncle that I’m trying to restore, starting with the Beogram.

After replacing the drive belt and untangling the string I got the unit working, almost…

All the functions work except that the stylus gets stuck in the same groove after about a song. The tonearm is still parallel to the sensor arm at this point, and if I lift the arm the motor follows my movements. I also checked that the senor light bulb is working.

Could it just be that it needs new caps? And if so any good guides on which and where (in Europe) to buy, because I can’t find any kits unfortunately.

The sound quality also sound a bit poorer than expected, it’s a bit scratchy/crackling/muffled even with new record. Could it also be the caps, or is the stylus too worn?

filip_kbh
        • Copenhagen
        • Topics Started 18
        • Total Posts 132

I would think it is a matter of lubrication turned hard. The tonearm travels on a rod and that rod may need a good cleaning and new lubrication.

Dillen
          • Topics Started 4
          • Total Posts 389

That would see the tonearm move out of parallel with the other arm.

Martin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds