Beogram 5000

Home Forums The Workbench Beogram 5000

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TJames1901
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 3
      • Total Posts 6

I am working on a rather “ugly” Beogram 5000. I want to remove the dustcover, but want to understand how to disconnect the wire for the dustcover light. The service manual does not cover this that I can see.

Can anyone direct me in the right direction on how to disconnect this wire from the dustcover?

Thank you for your help.

Mark-sf
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 0
        • Total Posts 258

I’ve not worked on one but I believe from the manual that there is a snap on LED cover that you remove to release it and the wire stays attached to the LED.

Dillen
        FOUNDER Member
          • Topics Started 4
          • Total Posts 389

It has been a while since the last Beogram 5000 on the bench, but I seem to remember
          when you lift off the dustcover hinge block, a small connector becomes visible.

Martin

TJames1901
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 3
            • Total Posts 6

Mark you were right on.

The answer was simpler than I made it out to be.

There is a small cover on the light itself on the underside of the dust cover that holds the bulb. Once removed, the bulb holder itself slides back through the top of the dust cover and through the holes in the dust cover bracket.

I am removing the dust cover to replace the aluminum plate that somehow had something dripping on it that corroded the plate leaving a half-dollar sized hole in the finish. Unfortunately, I didn’t take any photos before I started.

The plate is now removed and I am in the process of cleaning and polishing the dustcover itself before replacing the plate. (Ordered from Beo-Parts).

Since this plate was in the worst shape, I started with the Beogram 5000 turntable before setting out on the Beocenter and Beogram 5000 cassette.

Thank you for the replies.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.