Beogram 5000 tonearm lifting mechanism

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions Vintage Products Beogram 5000 tonearm lifting mechanism

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rhoooob
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 3

I recently lucked into a full 5000 system, with everything working great except the turntable. The tonearm lifting mechanism is broken: the tonearm is always in down position. (From what I can tell, the 5000 is basically the same as the 2000 and 1800, is that right?)

I’ve figured out (through trial and error and reading manuals) how the lifting mechanism is supposed to function, up to the point where it actually does the lifting. Something is clearly wrong in the final linkage between the lifting mechanism and the tonearm.

It seems like piece 1107 (which sits under the tonearm mount) is supposed to rock back (or lower?) in order to let the tonearm drop. This should be actuated by a plastic piece raising above it (unshown in the diagram, visible in photos). But this isn’t happening. There’s no connection between 1107 and the tonearm; a plastic tab loosely hangs from the tonearm mount, but doesn’t connect up. Furthermore, piece 1107 seems almost like it’s broken off or unsupported, pressing down on some spring below it.

A few photos: https://imgur.com/a/6sRrH7w

I’m at a bit of a loss at this point. I can’t make out from the manual how things are supposed to fit together and I don’t have a reference. Does anyone have experience with this part of these turntables and have any suggestions? Or even possibly photos of a properly assembled linkage? If I’m missing photos of any relevant pieces of my own, I’m happy to upload some more.

Thanks very much! I’m amazed and impressed by how much useful info there is on this forum.

Fok
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 0
        • Total Posts 1

Having the same problem. Did you find a solution ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions Vintage Products Beogram 5000 tonearm lifting mechanism

• You must be logged in to create new topics.