Beogram 4004 carrier won’t return

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Beogram 4004 carrier won’t return

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    filip_kbh
    BRONZE Member
      • Copenhagen
      • Topics Started 13
      • Total Posts 149

I have a Beogram 4004 with two problems:

1. Reaching the ES, it lifts the arm but the carriage does not return. Also when pressing stop, it lifts the arm but you cannot use the stop button to return the carriage. The > button works fine. In the service manual it says to repair the switch if the carriage does not return but since the stop/off button can also not make it return, I think it is not the switch that is the problem.
      2. The platter motor does not work after someone previously connected it to the LED connector. I have taken it apart and measured that the coils are good and also there was one of the three small snubbers on top of the motors that was not okay, so I replaced all of them with the appropriate VISHAY SMAJ6.5CA-E3/61
        Transient Voltage Suppressor. The motor vibrates ever so slightly but it does not turn. The motor receives around 8.6V from the board.

Any help is appreciated.

filip_kbh
      BRONZE Member
        • Copenhagen
        • Topics Started 13
        • Total Posts 149

Looks like resistor 1R54 is defect as well as TR17.

Mark-sf
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 0
          • Total Posts 294
          filip_kbh
          BRONZE Member
            • Copenhagen
            • Topics Started 13
            • Total Posts 149

Update: D31 was faulty. After changing D31 and R54, the carriage now behaves the way it should. Nice!

Regarding the motor: it also started working after I pulled it apart, gave it a drop of oil (yes, I know it will not last forever) and changed the order of the small plastic discs.

Now the deck was working kind of great – however, the 45RPM was not stable, and when I tapped the board with the speed relay, it would lower the speed significantly.

So, I decided to take a look at the National relay. I cleaned it with a fiber pen and put on the plastic lid again. After this, the motor only spins one second – and I am not sure what to do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Beogram 4004 carrier won’t return

• You must be logged in to create new topics.