Beogram 4002 Tracking Force Adjustment

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ghostly
    BRONZE Member

I have had a beautiful beogram 4002 for years, but recently it started distorting vinyls when the arm gets closer to center, I thought it was time to adjust the tracking force. When I try to screw the arm adjustment, the arm swings left or right and the dial does not really move. Am I doing something wrong ?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by ghostly.
      Dillen
      FOUNDER Member

The dial wheel can have seized in old lubricants.
        It wouldn’t be a first.

Martin

ghostly
        BRONZE Member

so what should I do ? can I lubricate it without opening it up as it has the plastic cover or do I have to open it up and lubricate the mechanism like that ? What lubricant would you reccomend?

ghostly
          BRONZE Member

I just rechecked the dial housing and for some reason it was hanging lower so the screw was too low to move, I adjusted to 1.2g and testing now, fingers crossed

Mark-sf
            BRONZE Member

If you need to lubricate, remove the dustcover and then the tonearm cover can be lifted straight up to gain access the dial and gear. At that point you can check the balance of the arm and the rear counterweight adjustment. You should not need to track at 1.2g. Sometimes the arm cover can get pushed so that it binds the arm. Its height should allow the screw to be centered and the arm to move freely when lowered.

ghostly
              BRONZE Member

what would be the target g for a MMC 20E?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.