Beogram 4002 Solenoid Engages When Power Cord Plugged In

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beogram 4002 Solenoid Engages When Power Cord Plugged In

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jfrancis49
    SILVER Member
      • Topics Started 12
      • Total Posts 44

Hello All,

I have a BG 4002 type 5513 that is exhibiting the following behavior. As soon as the power cord is plugged into the outlet, the solenoid engages and the arm drops. This is before Start is even pushed on the keypad. Once start is pushed, sensor arm light, 33 rpm light and tracking sensor light up and the arm (in the lowered position) continues across the platter and activates 45 rpm. It then continues to end of play and returns.

Capacitors have all been replaced and many of the resistors and transistors. It has had a complete tear down and cleaning, so it is not a mechanical issue I believe.

Why would the solenoid get power as soon as the table is plugged in? Any thoughts? This was a non-working turntable I bought on Ebay many years ago. I just keep thinking I can coax it back to life.

John

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beogram 4002 Solenoid Engages When Power Cord Plugged In

• You must be logged in to create new topics.