Beogram 4002 – should I replace the capacitors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Beogram 4002 – should I replace the capacitors

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ChristianHak
      • Topics Started 5
      • Total Posts 18

Hi all,

I’m new to this forum. I bought a beautiful 4002 a year ago that is in great cosmetic condition and had not been used in many years. I went through the usual cleaning and lubricating process that Beolover suggests and now is functioning really well. However, I have two questions:

1. It functions perfectly other than it appears the sensor doesn’t detect if there is a record on the platter and will drop the needle regardless whether there is a record or not. The light on the sensor arm is working. I have borrowed an oscilloscope from a mate, however, I don’t know how to check the sensor voltage. Any help here would be greatly appreciated (I’m a furniture maker by trade – not an electrical engineer – so I’m not too familiar with electronics).

2. All the capacitors, relays and transistors are the originals. Is it worth preemptively replacing these? I would love to learn how to do this myself if there are any enthusiasts in Brisbane, Australia that would like to help me. I can offer a carton of beer or your favourite whisky 😉 Alternatively, I could fashion a new solid timber trim (oak, walnut, rosewood, or teak) for a 400X as payment.

Thanks everyone!

Christian

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds