Beogram 4002 No sound at all

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mandrade
    BRONZE Member

I recently inherited a Beogram 4002 and a Beocenter 8500. I have tried to lubricate the solenoid and it seems to atleast move a bit but is still not functional and ill have to further troubleshoot. My question is when i manually put the pickup/arm on a record no sound is coming out of the speakers despite the mechanical parts working. Is the sound linked with the disfunctional solenoid or do i have another problem aswell?.

Thanks

-Martin.

Dillen
      FOUNDER Member

If the Beogram didn’t lower the arm itself, it wouldn’t have deactived the muting circuit either.
        Pressing down on the tonearm to make the needle touch the record won’t produce sound.

Martin

Mandrade
        BRONZE Member

Allright thanks. Is the solenoid known to have electrical issues? or should new grease do the job?

Dillen
          FOUNDER Member

The solenoid is fairly sturdy. An electronic problem could cause damage to it, though.

There should be no oil or grease on/in the solenoid. It should be clean and dry.

Martin

Mandrade
            BRONZE Member

Shouldnt it be lubricated? Thats what i meant.

Dillen
              FOUNDER Member

The solenoid should NOT be lubricated.

Martin

Mandrade
                BRONZE Member

I ended up just cleaning everything and got the tone arm mechanism working. But still no sound is playing? Its just connected via Phono to a Beocenter 8500.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.